Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Flashing Light on Ranger onboard charger? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 12-22-2003, 06:59 AM
Slot Fish

Default Flashing Light on Ranger onboard charger?

I need help. Forgot to plug the boat in when I put it into the garage after the last outing. Plugged it in yesterday and checked it after about 30 minutes. The 2 banks for the deep cycles were green, but the one bank for the starting battery was blinking red. I have never seen this before. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
Dean Thorn

Old 12-22-2003, 07:20 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: Flashing Light on Ranger onboard charger?

I'm guessing it's just one red light blinking. It's not sensing any voltage so it won't turn the charger on.
Put a regular 10amp charger on it for about a half an hour and it'll bring up the voltage enough for the CSI charger to sense it and turn on.

Joe Carlson
Old 12-22-2003, 07:35 AM
Slot Fish

Thaks Joe, will give it a try. I think I left a compartment light on when I put it away, as I have never had the battery go completely dead before. Hopefully the battery will come back to full charge as it isn't very old.

Dean Thorn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2003, 11:28 AM
T-Mac

Good answer, Joe.
Bad connection, or battery is so low, the charger can't get going.
These chargers will not charge a battery that is totally discharged. Sometimes a quick charge from an outside charger for a few minutes is needed to get things started. Then, the on-board can handle it from there.
Old 12-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Charter Member

Don't foget to check the inline fuse also...

"Fishing is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope"
Old 12-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Wallhanger

I have left a compartment light on and done the same thing. If you don't have another Charger handy, but have jumper cables, if you hook your starting battery to your trolling battery for a few minutes, that will allow enough charge to move over to your dead battery so the CSI charger can kick in. I did this last summer, cold weather might affect it, but it does work.