Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
243 rifle - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Big Game Hunting

Old 05-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weak Daze View Post
Could it be that the .243 was fast enough and had a small enough (bullet) projectile, that when the deer was
hit in the lungs, that the bullets passed clean through without expanding ?
Chances are that was the case. The proper bullet in the proper location should be the goal for every shooter. Just buying a box off the shelf isn't really sufficient.

"Help preserve wolves, take one to the taxidermist.". Author Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Slot Fish

Default holes kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSTER View Post
Maybe you just blew a leg off the prarie dog!!!!!Did you stick your head in the hole to find out?????
No maybe saw its guts hanging out as it drug it self back in the whole. Holes in lungs kill stuff. I have shot deer with a multitude of boolits from smk,amax,scenars to nbt,acubonds and tsx with others in the mix. Shot with any thing from the fast 6mm to the .375 and one thing is proven agin and agin hit in the correct spot stuff dies plain and simple. It is nice living in gods country go catch limit of walleyes in morning and then go to dog town and between them and steel but a couple hundred rounds down range. This year shot dogs all winter along with yotes. The problem is more with the shooer than the gun being shot as most take the gun out nov 1 and sight in and but it back in the safe end of november then when they miss they blame every thing except their crappy shooting ability. give me some one who shoots a small cal acurate over some one who shoots a big one to just hit a pie plate every day and i will show you dead critters. give me a fast twist 6mm pushing the 105 amax or 115 dtac and under a 1000 lazer beam is what comes to mind