Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
First time fishing Walleye - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 04-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Minnow

Default First time fishing Walleye

Ok so I am first time boat owner of a 18 ft 1972 Starcraft Holiday with a 1988 140 Hp Johnson !!I was hoping to go fishing today but not sure prop i put on was installed correctly, nor would I go out on this beautiful Detroit River without knowing. I did post my prop question , i just hope I can get some responses. I will post all Walleye catches if i make it out.

I did have both carbs rebuilt on it last week, installed Lowrance Elite 5 fish finder, and new prop. I also bought a new pflueger president xt50 reel to go on my 6'8" St. Croix blank. Im very excited !! Can't wait !!! Wish me luck !!

FishingNoob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Wallhanger

Good luck. I hope you catch a mess of them. For some reason, I envision the Detroit River to be similar to the Fox and Wolf rivers here in WI during the spring run. I refer to it as combat fishing and have only been out in it twice in the last decade, even though I live 15min from the belly of the beast, Freemont, WI. Be alert when river fishing, especially if there are a lot of boats around. Stay safe and have fun.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:47 AM
Charter Member

I'd make my maiden run in a lake close to home. Detroit River has lots of current and I wouldn't want to be experimenting there. That's for sure. Also, from your earlier post, make sure that thrust washer is installed correctly.