Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
FLW Walleye Pros Go Green - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 05-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator

Default FLW Walleye Pros Go Green

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk.asp?id=3615#3615

Przekurat going for two 5/11/2007

Who's Jason Przekurat? He's a toothy-critter (walleye) pro who just won $100,000 at the FLW Walleye Tour event on the upper Mississippi River. And tonight he's getting ready to fish the Ranger Owners Tournament (ROT) on Missouri's Table Rock Lake. Why?

Because two teams fishing the ROT have a shot at qualifying directly into FLW's bass championship, the Forrest L. Wood Cup. That means Przekurat (pronounced "Shuckerrat"), who at 3rd in the points has basically already qualified for the FLW Walleye Tour Championship, has a shot at qualifying for the Cup too.

"I thought it'd be cool to have a chance to fish the walleye championship and the bass championship," he said. "That would be a first for anybody.

"I've always wanted to get my feet wet on the bass side anyway, and I thought, Why not come down here and give it a shot. It's a very cheap investment to come here and have a crack at making the (Cup). It's a no-brainer for me."

His co-angler in the ROT is fellow Walleye Tour pro Eric Olson. That means if they finish in the Top 2 at the ROT, Olson will fish as a co-angler. Two other walleye pros trying to finish in the Top 2 at the ROT are Mark Courts and Jeff Ryan.

> The Cup will be fished in early August on Arkansas' Lake Ouachita. The Walleye Tour Championship is on Lake Erie at the end of September.

> ROT anglers that go to the FLW Championship get an all-expenses-paid trip, and are provided limited edition 40th anniversary Ranger boats to practice with.

Cool Stuff Guys! Good luck down there!

Juls
Edit: Oops! I didn't know they already fished this event. I found the results on the FLW site.
***Jason and Eric finished in 118th
***Mark Courts and Joe Carlson had a top 25, finishing in 23rd! Way to go guys!
***And, Jeff Ryan and Brian Write finished somewhere near the bottom along with a bunch of other teams that zeroed. :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement