Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Anti-Outdoor Radio Station - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 05-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Anti-Outdoor Radio Station

Okay... I know this station. I have never thought of it as an "anti-outdoor" station though. There is a heavy bend on politics. It is sort of an answer to Rush Limbaugh.

If you are looking for more:

[url]http://www.straighttalkradio.com/[/url]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Charter Member

Okay... I know this station. I have never thought of it as an "anti-outdoor" station though. There is a heavy bend on politics. It is sort of an answer to Rush Limbaugh.

If you are looking for more:

[url]http://www.straighttalkradio.com/[/url]
Old 05-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Wallhanger

from what i hear its going down the toilet and getting there fast, from the time they started the station they have already lost two thirds of the market they started with, its not going to survive and anything with al franken in it is doomed to disaster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

This is one where the Ed Schultz show airs. Ed is, well, opinionated, but he is also an avid sportsman who hunts and fishes. I would think he would temper any anti hunting if he knows it is happening.

[url]http://www.straighttalkradio.com/pages/ed.php[/url]
Old 05-26-2005, 02:37 PM
FuzzyIL

No worries - AirAmeirca is a bust and will be gone soon. Advertisors will not underwrite stuff that people do not listen too - no market share. AA has never gotten it's legs. The Liberal audience they target does not react as the Conservative audience does to Rush Limbaugh the drug addict.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Wallhanger

Keep listening it sounds like thier plan is working, turn the crap off easy as that, you know all they want is a reaction take it from a reactionary, LOL, they can only hope that thousands will start calling complaining of the content, don't fall into the web.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:28 AM
Charter Member

I gave the station a listen on the way home last night. The host was going on and on about how much fun it would be to go Bonefish fishing in Florida. He said he has never gone but was looking forward to doing so. He also talked about other fishing possibilities in the coastal waters.

This station obviously has a left leaning political format but based on my 15-20 minute listening experience, it is not an anti hunting or fishing radio station.

I thought it was ironic, given the original post in this thread that it only took me 15 minutes of listening to get a different picture. I have also noticed that on their website one of the hosts has a picture of himself holding up a walleye in his bio! I think it is the same guy I was listening to on the way home.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:07 AM
Slot Fish

I listen to this station often and never have heard anything I would consider "anti-outdoorsman". They talk politics mainly. I think you can lean "left" politically and still be an avid hunter and fisherman.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:06 AM

Air America is syndicated nationally and is carried by local stations in the markets where it exists. It's basically a channel that collects in one place a variety of liberal-leaning programs and radio hosts for the audience that enjoys unabashed conservative bashing.
The liberal answer to Rush and the other right-wing liberal-bashers. Hey, if you don't like it, why do you listen to it? That's why the channel dial is for.

You didn't mention any specific host, program, or comment. I've listened to Air America a fair amount and I've never heard anything on it that I would consider anti-hunting or anti-fishing. Maybe there's an unwillingness on your part to admit that many Democrats and liberals are regular folks just like you, and many of us also enjoy hunting and fishing??

I suppose if you listen to Air America long enough, you might hear something pro-gun control. You should not assume from this, however, that everyone on the Democrat or liberal side supports gun control. Washington, where I live, is solidly Democratic but when we had a handgun registration initiative on the ballot a few years ago 80% of the voters were against it. There had to be a lot of Democrats voting "no" to handgun registration to rack up a defeat like that! Gun control has never gotten anywhere in this solid-blue (but Western through-and-through) state.

Personally, I find Rush and his ilk nauseating, and Air America cloying. I can't take too much of either. I'm not the kind of person who takes well to one-sided propaganda. I'm more of a give-and-take fair debate and may the best argument win kind of guy. You don't get that from the political propagandists on either side. So I'm not a regular listener of Air America. My advice is, let the liberals have their feel-good channel, and choose something else to listen to.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Charter Member

Well said