Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
GNWC Enhanced Fisheries Funds - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 08-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Charter Member

Default GNWC Enhanced Fisheries Funds

I am in Kansas at the GNWC Great Plains Championship and I received some calls on my cell phone today regarding a post that was made that was apparently a cheap shot at the GNWC by Gary Gray at least in the opinion of some of the callers. I do not see the post here now, so it may have been removed but I will explain the EF funds so it is clear how they work. We work with local clubs and we have a conservation fund called "Enhanced Fisheries" where we donate funds to worthwihile fishing causes. Some of those clubs pitch in at the weigh-ins in order to help their cause of getting some of the money, although that is not a requirement. We have given funds to clubs that have a good project that have no relation to the GNWC or tournaments at all. The Otter Street Fishing club sent a few members down to volunteer at our Lake Winnebago tournament weigh-in this year. They took an application for EF Funds and I expect them to complete the application and if the committee approves it they will receive around $500 approximately. It was explained to them, as it is to all the clubs, that all the applications are reviewed by the committee after all the tournaments are done so we know how much money we have to spend. It is made clear that the applications are reviewed in the fall and checks are cut in January. The Otter Street club is aware of this and if Gary Gray, or anyone else for that matter, wants to find out more about it he can simply call the Otter Street Club or call me.

We are proud of the fact that the GNWC anglers donated about $5000 to worthwhile fisheries projects for the 2004 season, and we expect to donate at least that much for the 2005 season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2005, 09:00 AM
thanks for reply

Default RE: GNWC Enhanced Fisheries Funds

thanks for explaining the situation, keep up the good work, hope some money comes to ohio we can use it.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

We are accepting applications if you know of a good project. E-mail me at [email]info@walleyecup.com[/email] for an application.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Minnow

Hi Bernie,
Yeah I saw the post and Gary Gray did take a cheap pot shot at the GNWC. I think he needs to fish more and think less.
Goes to show you what a inflated ego can do. ED
Old 08-14-2005, 07:21 AM
G. Gray

Edge:

No, I did not take a cheap shot at Bernie, nor the GNWC. I just stated a true fact, passed on to me, by the director of Otter Street fishing club. This matter can br cleared up, by simply calling Jim Gibson at 920-235-9177, and talking directly to the source, ref a promise made by Bernie, that was never fufilled. If there was no falsehood, I would consider being the watchdog. But if Bernie makes a pronmise, the least he should do, is take care of his promise. Otter street, submitted the form to aquire the money, as requested by Bernie. Jim Gibson, has in hand, the copy of the request, that Bernie asked him to submit.

as far sticking to just fishing, I would love to, but do to health reasons, I have time on my hands, to be the watchdog, for such matters, that evolve in the fishing world.

At least when i make a post, I use my name, not hide behind a alias. So, please use your name, so I can at least know, that they are not all from GNWC.

I am not trying to create a problem, just solve one!!!!

I will check with Jim Gibson on Wed, to see if Bernie has Called him, and then I will reply back here.

Hope this clears the air,

Gary Gray
Old 08-14-2005, 07:29 AM
G. Gray

Bernie:

This was brought to my attention by OTTER STREET FISHING CLUB> Thsi is why I brought it to the WC Board. As I put in a post below, you can clear this matter by simply calling Jim Gibson at 920-235-9177. he also stated that he submitted the request right after your tournament, and has never heard from you about what you promised.

He was also informed, by other directors, that this promise was made to other groups before, and never followed through either.

I will help you clear the air on this matter, just give me the ammo, you can even call me with it, if you like. I am home most all the time.

Let's not use this as a browbeater, just facts, and let's get it cleared up.

Gary Gray
Old 08-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Minnow

Gary,
I was on the committee last year and like I posted before,I dont remember seeing the Otter st. fishing clubs application last year.
We usually go through the applications in January or Febuary.
Also my name is Ed Goehring and I been a member of the GNWC since it came to Wisconsin.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Charter Member

Jim Gibson was specifically told that all applications are reviewed in the fall after all the tournaments are done and checks are cut in January. He has my number and contact info on the application; if he thought there was a problem I am sure he would have contacted me. There is no other reason why you could have brought this on here except to make a negative post towards the GNWC. I can see no other reason you would have injected yourself into this. For someone who would like to consider themselves a professional fisherman I suggest a little more professionalism is in order.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:15 PM
G. Gray

Ed:

This is in reference to this years event, and Jim has the copy of application he sent in. I'm sure it will work out.

Hope this helps,

Gary

Old 08-14-2005, 02:28 PM
G. Gray

Bernie;

I am not looking to browbeat GNWC, it is not intended to do so. My post here, was to bring it to someones attention, and evidently I have hit the nail on the head.

As far as my professionalism, you don't want to go there, or challenge that. I have been there, done that, way before your time.

I am a Life member of Otter Street, and when Jim Gibson asked me about this, and made mention of the promise, I told him I did not lnow who was in charge of the GNWC, That is why I asked for the right tournament, before i made the post.

I suggest, that instead of this becomming a shooting match, that you simply call Jim Gibson on Monday. I have provided the number, and that is all I can do for either of you's. Otter Street provided the volunteers, and you provided the Promise, the rest is up to YOU!!!

Anymore mention of my Professionalism, in a bad way, and you will deal with the consequences. Not a threat, just a promise, and I do KEEP My PROMISES !!!

I don't know you, never have met you, so, watch what you say!

I have nothing Bad to say about GNWC, just asked why, on our Club's behalf.