Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
bow mount lift on classifieds?? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 08-28-2014, 03:47 PM
fmr

Default bow mount lift on classifieds??

https://www.walleyecentral.com/class...adviewer/77001

Any thoughts on this? Kind of like the old Genesis. I like it in theory, but who wants to be the guiney pig to try one out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

FMR,
It certainly looks like it would work just fine.

The mount appears to be an auto windshield wiper motor and gear set to raise and lower the motor. These motors and gears are essentially bullet proof.

I can't see what they are using for a rack and pinion setup.

It is too bad that these motors don't use a double scissors type mount that have been used on cable drive steering bow mount motors.

A quick and easy deploy or stow at the pull of the rope.

The only issue that I could see with this mount, is that the mount appears to vertically lift the motor so that the stowed position is about 1/2 way up to the bow mount for vertical storage during transport.
If you are in big waves, you might get a lot of "whipping" by either the head or motor of the system. Basically this mount is typical of a transom mounted vantage motor that lifts the motor vertically.

Be safe

Last edited by REW; 08-28-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:49 AM
Wallhanger

Default I will wait

If this proves out to be reliable, unlike the Genesis I will buy the OEM product in this case.
http://www.minnkotamotors.com/PressR...lingMotor.aspx
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Seldom Seen Kid

Default Its pretty god

Speaking from one of the guy's who acual was a guinea pig.

I bought serial #3, with the intent to help Matt with his development, as the product is a great idea and he's a good friend. I did have sigificant issues with it, as the motor assembly interferred terribly with the GPS of the MinnKota. I reported the issue back to him, and developed the imporved version that is now for sale. A different lift-motor was used, along with a new mount design, which combined to completely eliminate the interference. I have now used the current model for over a year, and it has worked flawlessly. I use it in the rivers while running back upriver to drg harnsses for walleye, while out on the ocean to have boat control while fishing vertical for rockfish or to control theboat while pulling crabpots, and while in queue for other to clear the boa launch (a god-send in windy and in-current conditions).

This product works very well. Take it from the original guinea pig...
Old 02-12-2015, 12:16 AM
Skiingboater

Default Bow Mount

Hi, I've installed one of the Hookn' Up Walleye lifts on my boat. 19' Lund Tyee Magnum last fall. I've used it quite a bit (the whole month of Sept. and 1st two weeks of Oct) and it has worked flawlessly. Simple up down switch, relatively easy electrical connections and the mechanical mechanism has been rock solid. I have been in rough water (3' waves) and if you initially mounted your trolling motor base securely you won't have any issues. This has made my fishing a lot more pleasant in that I do not have to go to the bow of the boat and retrieve the trolling motor every time I move. I don't notice the motor shaft in my line of site as being any problem either as it is slender and the head of the bow mount is well above the line of site. I would buy this system again if something happened to this one, but the only moving mechanism is the pulley motor and this would be pretty easy to replace. I added a cover around the exposed motor gear box for a more finished look and found a double pole double throw switch that matched my boats existing switches more because I'm anal about how things look. This has been a great addition to my fishing enjoyment.

Ron
Old 02-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Wallhanger

Spammers?
Old 02-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Slot Fish

Default motor lift

I have run a motor lift on my Terrova since august 2014. I guide and tourney fish for walleye on the Columbia river. It is without doubt the easiest way to stow and deploy a bow mount and extremely convenient on guide trips. If I am pulling bait with my bow mount, it saves me 30 trips from my seat to the bow each day, I just hit the toggle switch and my bow mount deploys in a couple seconds. As one of the original "guinea pigs" I have put 200+ days on the water with the motor lift and have never had a problem with it.

Kimo Gabriel
Gabriel Guides
Old 02-15-2015, 03:17 PM
Wallhanger

Default Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiingboater View Post
Hi, I've installed one of the Hookn' Up Walleye lifts on my boat. 19' Lund Tyee Magnum last fall. I've used it quite a bit (the whole month of Sept. and 1st two weeks of Oct) and it has worked flawlessly. Simple up down switch, relatively easy electrical connections and the mechanical mechanism has been rock solid. I have been in rough water (3' waves) and if you initially mounted your trolling motor base securely you won't have any issues. This has made my fishing a lot more pleasant in that I do not have to go to the bow of the boat and retrieve the trolling motor every time I move. I don't notice the motor shaft in my line of site as being any problem either as it is slender and the head of the bow mount is well above the line of site. I would buy this system again if something happened to this one, but the only moving mechanism is the pulley motor and this would be pretty easy to replace. I added a cover around the exposed motor gear box for a more finished look and found a double pole double throw switch that matched my boats existing switches more because I'm anal about how things look. This has been a great addition to my fishing enjoyment.

Ron
What does the over look like...someone asked at another post.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Wallhanger

I wonder if it could be modified to work with an Xi-5?
Old 02-16-2015, 11:40 AM
Minnow

The Xi5 is very similar but would require a totally different bracket design. I'll see if I can come up with one.