Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How's Turkey hunting in Kansas - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Small Game and Birds

Old 03-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Wallhanger

Default How's Turkey hunting in Kansas

Can anyone tell me how turkey hunting is in unit 2 of Kansas ? This will be my first time there. Are there alot of birds ? thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Keeper

Default Rios and easterns galore

Made my first trip to hunt Kansas birds in 03 after I'd seen alot of turkeys while duck hunting out there. I hunt unit three in the Northern half and always brought home two rios. Unit two is fabulous but many more easterns mixed in.. Not alot of trees in the plains area where I am except along the creeks and rivers and that's where they are. Set up next to one of these with a wheat field next to it and you will score. My boy and I got our first archery birds out there.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Wallhanger

Thank you so very much for replying. I'm really interested in what we are getting into. We leave next week for unit 2 around Marysville. You make it sound like they have good numbers and that is always good to hear I can't wait I hope they respond well to the call. thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Keeper

Smile Marysville, K

I googled your location and looks like many rivers and creeks conducive to turkeys. I killed rios just two counties away in Ottawa. Your county borders Neb. which has great hunting and you can buy 3 tags there. One year, after my Kansas hunt ended, I traveled to Neb. and shot two merriams. Great trip.
Want to hear how you did. Good Luck. You are probably there right now as I type this.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Wallhanger

Just got back from Kansas. The first day we saw lots of Turkeys. The next 4 days we hardly saw or heard a bird. I didn't get one but it was interesting. Had tornados very close. Maybe the weather affected the birds. I saw 2 hens all trip. We know the birds were there. Seems too early but maybe they're nesting. It's certainly a different year. I might try Nebraska next year if I can find a place to hunt.