Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
IS THERE GOING TO BE A CABELA'S NTC THIS YEAR.???? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 10-19-2007, 05:37 PM
BILL W.

Default IS THERE GOING TO BE A CABELA'S NTC THIS YEAR.????

I UNDERSTAND OUR CLUB HAS X AMOUNT OF SLOTS THIS YEAR. NO ONE FROM OUR CLUB KNOWS FORSURE IF THERES A TOURNY THIS YEAR, AND HOW MANY SLOTS WE GET. HAS ANY ONE GOT CONFORMATION THAT THERE IS GOING TO BE ONE, AND HOW MANY EACH ORG. IS GETING, DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING???? THANKS WILLLY BILLY:grd:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2007, 05:37 PM
BILL W.

Default IS THERE GOING TO BE A CABELA'S NTC THIS YEAR.????

I UNDERSTAND OUR CLUB HAS X AMOUNT OF SLOTS THIS YEAR. NO ONE FROM OUR CLUB KNOWS FORSURE IF THERES A TOURNY THIS YEAR, AND HOW MANY SLOTS WE GET. HAS ANY ONE GOT CONFORMATION THAT THERE IS GOING TO BE ONE, AND HOW MANY EACH ORG. IS GETING, DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING???? THANKS WILLLY BILLY:grd:
Old 10-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: IS THERE GOING TO BE A CABELA'S NTC THIS YEAR.????

The NTC for this year has already taken place. You must be referring to the 2008 NTC. Cabelas typically does not announce that until Jan or Feb. I doubt your club is being left out, it is just not finalized yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2007, 11:54 AM
BILL .W

THANKS.:exactly I DID INDEED MEAN THE 2008 TOURNY. SEVERAL OF MY FREINDS THINK THAT THERE TEAMS QUALIFIED. THEY ALL WERE AT THE TOP OF THERE RESPECTIVE ORG.. 2 FROM NEBRASKA, 1 FROM COLORADO, 2 FROM SOUTH DAKOTA.1 FROM KANSAS,AND 3 OUT OF IOWA. BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW HOW MANY CABELA'S ARE GOING TO OFFER TO EACH ORG. MY QUESTION IS WHO OR WHERE CAN WE GO TO FIND OUT THE QUALFLIING CLUBS OR ORG. AND HOW MANY DOES EACH GET. :grd: : THANKS WILLY BILLY
Old 10-21-2007, 05:29 AM
Charter Member

Cabelas gives out certificates to the clubs based on the number of tournament anglers and # of tournaments the club has...essentially exposure. The number of certificates is generally negoiated or discussed prior to the tournament year or is repeated (continued) from year(s).

Each club has a point of contact that Cabelas will use to gather NTC team names and to whom they will distribute the certificates. In the case of Colorado, it is our tournament director.

Most clubs have websites that show on overall ranking of tournament teams...Colorado's is here (http://www.cwaonline.net/tournaments/2007/results.php). If history repeats itself, the top 10 teams will get certificates...again, for Colorado.

Keep in mind that not until Cabelas contacts each club point of contact (usually in Jan) will you hear anything from your club point of contact about NTC location, how many teams are going from your club, etc. That said, if your club has sent teams to the NTC before, your club point of contact should have a general idea how many teams have made the NTC cut. They will not know location though until Jan.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:39 AM
Big Stone Walleye Club

FYI, we received an application from Matt Kettler about a month ago. It requires information such as # of events and # of contestants. The deadline for that application was about a week ago. Matt told me he plans to get the results and information out soon. I anticipate having the information much sooner than in the past. If your club has not received an application yet I encourage you to call.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

Anyone have Matt's email address at Cabelas. My PC crashed.
Magic
See you on the water!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Lund Boats Man

I heard that Matt is in the process of putting together the site right now. It is between a few different sites I have heard Devils Lake, Big Stone Lake and I have heard Dubuque Iowa, and possibly Green Bay again. So I guess sometime in the near future we will hear of the site. But from what I hear there will be a tournament next year.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:09 PM
over eager

When do they usually determine the date and location by??