Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Where to stay in Pierre - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 03-20-2012, 07:51 PM
Wallhanger

Default Where to stay in Pierre

Looking for kid friendly Hotel/Resort to stay in while we are in Pierre. Any recomendations would be great

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 PM
jerr unlogged

Default Pierre motels

I stayed at the River Inn a couple weeks back. Run of the mill, only advice I can offer is stay away from the exit/entry doors on the ends of the halls. People are in and out all night and the doors slam shut. Call ahead and find the cheapest rates and then bargain for lower rates. Ramkota is my favorite but they're super busy and pretty spendy. Security down in that part of town is sketchy at best. Just a word to the wise- - -jerr
Old 03-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Charter Member

Default If you are taking a boat

Governors Inn has a nice place behind the motel to park your rig & boat without unhooking. Has plug-ins right on the end of the concrete/asphalt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Default 20 minutes out of town........nice ride in.

http://www.theoutpostlodge.com/lodging.html

We always stayed here....nice clean place, affordable, and friendly. Gas, store, and restaurant all right there on the premises.

Different sized rooms/cabins to fit your needs.

Juls
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 03-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Wallhanger

The Days Inn is the best deal I found and it has a locked gated area with electrical plugs for your boat. The room is small, but you should be out on the boat anyway.

We also stayed at Pike Haven up river about 40 miles. The ramp is sketchy, but they have an In-and-Out service which is nice. Gas, restaurant, tackle, cabins, etc all right there. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...1/100_2002.jpg
Old 03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
jerr unlogged

Default Pike Haven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_CO View Post
The Days Inn is the best deal I found and it has a locked gated area with electrical plugs for your boat. The room is small, but you should be out on the boat anyway.

We also stayed at Pike Haven up river about 40 miles. The ramp is sketchy, but they have an In-and-Out service which is nice. Gas, restaurant, tackle, cabins, etc all right there. http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...1/100_2002.jpg

Last time I was up to Pike Haven it was definitely NOT kid friendly. Sandburs are everywhere. Had'm in the boat, on the cover, anything that touched the ground had the spiney little buggers all over it. Boat landing is waaay down the hill, but at the time it was $4 in and out by the resort. Pretty accomodating bunch of people but still kind of a pita to fish out of the resort. jerr
Old 03-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Lots of places to choose from in Pierre and some are very reasonable. One word of advise that I learned about 15 years ago; ask for the sportsman's rate. You can usually get the room for $5 to $15/night cheaper depending on how high the regular rate is.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Wallhanger

Juls is right, The Outpost is the place to stay. I am usually there 6 to 8 weekends a year. Need to call and book early though, like now. I heard that Les and Marilyn were selling it though, as I haven't called because have new fifth wheel that will be home base now.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Wallhanger

1 Governors Inn
2 Spring Creek Lodge
3 Outpost
Old 03-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Slot Fish

Check out the Ft Pierre motel. I stay there alot.