Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
NPAA $$?? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 06-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Keeper

Default RE: NPAA $$??

Juls, play nice. I already e-mailed them, and I even left my name. Why do you have to know my name to answere a question:confused:

You know who I am and I am regestered :stick:

The fact that this non-profit organization is so hush-hush on the finances answeres my question and has not convinced me that I should spend my money there.

Sorry:secret:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Keeper

So here is the deal, our walleye club has recently raised about $3,000 and we are looking to invest in organizations that promote the sport of fishing for all ages and that promote tournament fishing as a positive. I thought I would start here because WC seems to always give you good and bad information about products and organizations. If you contact the organization (which I already did) you only get the positive information. And on this organization I have heard both good and bad and I wanted to learn more. If the NPAA members would just come on here and share the positive information about the organization it may result in a contribution to the organization. If you want to attack someone for soliciting information, they probably are not going to contribute. It sounds like there are a few sour apples in the organization??? A little tension maybe????

But, I always love a good debate with Juls, she is hard to beat!!!

Now, lets try again!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

>Juls, play nice. I already e-mailed them, and I even left my
>name. Why do you have to know my name to answere a
>question:confused:
>
>You know who I am and I am regestered :stick:
>
>The fact that this non-profit organization is so hush-hush on
>the finances answeres my question and has not convinced me
>that I should spend my money there.
>
>Sorry:secret:

I am being nice. I'm even smiling when I respond to you...see? --->:)

Are you absolutely sure you left your name? You'd better check your "sent" emails just to make sure. lol

I don't need to know who you are...you can stay anonymous.

Nothing is hush hush. I gave you your answers already.

1. The Board of Directors do not get a paycheck.

2. The NPAA has a bank account the money is sitting in.

3. As a member you can review the "Minutes" from every meeting going back through the years. Non members can probably get that info by emailing them at npaa@npaa.net. (Got to leave a name though) lol

4. The NPAA has their own site. They prefer you use that one rather than this one to ask your questions...that's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that no one can post a response to you about the subject here. They will if they want to, but the NPAA usually only gets bashed on this site by the anonymous posters and the threads don't last too long here.

Juls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

LOL...yeah, I was already aware of what you were doing.

First thing you need to find out, after you get your answers from the NPAA, is whether or not they can accept 'blanket' donations that are not ear marked for something in particular.

Not sure what their organization is 'coded' for.

Email me, and I can put you in touch with the right person to answer your questions. For what it's worth, I'll also give you my thoughts on the subject.

juls231@msn.com

Juls

Old 06-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Charter Member

I work with the NPAA on several fronts and have found the anglers involved to be great people. From what I've seen of the their annual meeting it seems the dues are worth it from attending that one event.

We work with NPAA on co-hosting a Youth & Family Fishing Clinic at all the MWC tournaments. We started it last year -- mostly with Frank Pilney steering it (Alan Baumgardner in the East especially this year too) -- and it has grown immensely to a really cool part of our weekend. We (MWC) and some of our sponsors (particuarly Lowrance, Cabela's, NAFC & Toyota) have kicked in cash so we can buy rods & reels and tackle for the kids and teach them how to fish. Occasionally also a bike donated by Toyota to give away as a prize (the bike is rigged with rod holders so a kid can take himself/herself fishing with it!)

If you're looking for a good cause for your Club's donation -- consider applying it to the NPAA Youth & Family Fishing clinics??? Just my two cents...

Kristine
Old 06-22-2007, 10:07 AM
Minnow

Let me first say that I do not consider myself a pro fisherman.I joined the NPAA becouse someday I would like to compete as a pro,and I wanted to learn more about what it takes to be a pro.I attended the annual meeting in Appleton a few years back, and the information I took from that was worth every penny of my dues. The goals set forth by the NPAA, to grow the sport of fishing,increase the profesionalizm of tournament anglers,and get the younger generation involved in fishing are goals we all should strive for.I believe in the NPAA and what they stand for,and will remain a member, pro fisherman or not! Jeremy Hackman #148
Old 06-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Keeper

What does it cost to attend the annual meeting?
Old 06-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Figure a two night stay (lodging/food), and the gas to drive there. Lucky for you it's not that far of a drive. I'm not sure if they throw in any meals or not. We've been on the road doing promos at that time of year, and could never attend one.

From what I saw on the NPAA site, starting in '08 non-members can now attend the annual meeting, if they attend with a member.

See thier homepage for the location and dates.

Juls
Old 06-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Charter Member

I'm not sure what all the concern is. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the NPAA is a non-profit entity. If that is the case, I believe they have to make their financial records public, so just ask.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Keeper

I agree, and I have asked. When I choose to contribute to non-profit organizations I like to see where the money is spent to see if if it is a worthy investment. I have not gotten a good answere:(