Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ficht 150 Problem - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 05-04-2004, 05:46 AM
DJM

Default Ficht 150 Problem

When I 1st start it up the engine races and smokes until it warms up before idling down. Any other Ficht owners having or had this problem? If so, what was the cause of the problem? This is a 1999 motor and I had the updates done to it. Also have the problem of stalling after running at trolling speed for an extended time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2004, 09:06 AM
Keeper

Default RE: Ficht 150 Problem

If the engine is racing when first starting and is hard to start. Your fuel lift pump could be going. This was common on the early fichts.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:29 AM
DJM

Thanks for the reply. I took it in for a tune up thinking that would solve the problem and they told me that it was a faulty oil injector problem and I should have both replaced at a cost of over $1,000. I told them I would have to get back to them. If its a fuel lifter problem that is much less costly. Now I am wondering if they were trying to rip me off.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Uh Hmmm

Those pumps went left and right. If you get by for only $1,000. on a '99 Ficht, praise the Lord and give thanks, brother!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:03 PM
easyrider

go to www.boatsetup.com Go to boat and motor forums then Evinrude forum. Post your question there. These guys are experienced Evinrude techs. They will be able to really help you out.
Old 05-04-2004, 06:11 PM
Keeper

>go to www.boatsetup.com Go to boat and motor forums then
>Evinrude forum. Post your question there. These guys are
>experienced Evinrude techs. They will be able to really help
>you out.

Ken Cook has a good site going, Rowdy is not the moderator any more for the Evinrude/Johnson forum. He knew FICHT motors inside and out.
Bill Grannis (B&W mag)is a mod over there among others, Those guys can answer some of the more tech questions.
Old 05-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Minnow

Thanks for the reference guys.