Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
HDS cigarette power cord. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 01-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Wallhanger

Default HDS cigarette power cord.

I just received my cigarette lighter power cord for my Lowrance HDS. I'm going to mount it on a board and set it on the dash of my truck for when I drive onto the ice. I figured what the heck, I spent enough on the darn thing with the Navionics gold card installed, I might as well be able to use it in the winter as well. I already tried it out just driving around and it works great. Now I can stop straining trying to see that little handheld screen and I have all my depths and Icons too. Just a thought, their only 38.00 bucks from Navico.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Charter Member

Little,
Just do yourself a favor, and wait until next year before your drive your truck on the ice.

Drive it on the ice this year and you are liable to end up on the bottom of the lake.

REW
Old 01-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Little,
Just do yourself a favor, and wait until next year before your drive your truck on the ice.

Drive it on the ice this year and you are liable to end up on the bottom of the lake.

REW
You got that right, weird year to say the least. I usually don't drive onto the ice until it looks like a parking lot out there. The whole bay I fish on is only 4 to 5 ft deep anyway,LOL. Maybe next year. PS, you know why people ice fish? Because it's in the way of the soft water.