Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Side imaging/ Side scan picture interpetation. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Keeper

Default Side imaging/ Side scan picture interpetation.

Hi all, I have seen a topic/category like this on another forum site. It is a bass forum site and I was hoping to get one started for the walleye fisherman out there. I have just started using my Humminbird 1198c si and think that this would be a great way to share pics and help each other understand what we are looking at. I don't know who the site administrators are but with more and more people buying these units I think that adding this toipc would be great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Minnow

Default RE Side scan

Yes I agre Marc. My 1198 still in box since Feb waiting for total ice out and snow to quit. Since i decided on 1198 I have looked at hundreds of snapshots and recordings trying to learn about SI/DI. What did you do about the instruction manual? All I got was a CD. Printing 220 pages is going to be costly in ink for my printer.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:26 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc63280 View Post
Hi all, I have seen a topic/category like this on another forum site. It is a bass forum site and I was hoping to get one started for the walleye fisherman out there. I have just started using my Humminbird 1198c si and think that this would be a great way to share pics and help each other understand what we are looking at. I don't know who the site administrators are but with more and more people buying these units I think that adding this topic would be great. Thanks.
Check out Jason Halfen's webpage. He's got a lot of educational material on there about interpretation SI and DI.
http://www.jasonhalfenoutdoors.com/index.htm

Also watch this video.
http://www.idofishing.com/videos/vie...nological-edge
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainmaster View Post
Yes I agre Marc. My 1198 still in box since Feb waiting for total ice out and snow to quit. Since i decided on 1198 I have looked at hundreds of snapshots and recordings trying to learn about SI/DI. What did you do about the instruction manual? All I got was a CD. Printing 220 pages is going to be costly in ink for my printer.

I went to Jason Halfen and watched his videos. Very good site. Also an excellent site is http://www.bbcboards.net/zeromain. It's a bass website but has a lot of pics and very smart people that know how to interpet what you are looking at. I really didn't look at the cd's. I think that it is much easier to go online and watch videos to learn how to use it. YouTube was a huge help