Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
PWT SKeeter owners - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 01-25-2005, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Default PWT SKeeter owners

I just heard that Skeeter is giving a new Skeeter WX1880 to the top Skeeter finisher in each of the 6 PWT events. true or false????

A little more incentive to fish a little bit harder :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 09:27 PM
hmm

Default RE: PWT SKeeter owners

How many Skeeter owners are there in the PWT? Like, umm, 4? That would make your odds about 25% each time out...Great odds if it's true. However, the odds wont stay great for long if it's true...Lot's of guys would want a peice of that easy action ;-)

I think it's too good to be true...
Old 01-26-2005, 05:55 AM
bazz fishin

I think you must be talking about the GREEN CARP curcuit? Skeeter could carless if they sell any Walleye boats. They list like what,3 guys on there "PRO" team? Hard to promote a product when you have never even heard of these guys. On the bass fishing side they have about 50 and some of the top guys out there! Skeeter has all its eggs in 1 basket and does nothing to promote the walleye boats or even there own guys.I think they make a good product, they just dont know how to promote it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2005, 06:34 AM
kemo

Just in the championship.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:47 AM
really

So if one guy that runs a Skeeter makes the Championship he wins a new boat for making it? How many Skeeter owners made it last year?
Old 01-26-2005, 07:07 AM
bw

Les Vietz from ND was one last year.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:10 AM
sonegative

wow, i have heard of several excellent walleye anglers that fish from skeeters. skeeter does rely on sales in teh walleye market.
they have many walleye rigs running in the Midwest.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Charter Member

Skeeter is giving away $100,000 in boats at the GNWC national championship and several thousand more in cash to Skeeter owners at GNWC tournaments. To me that signals a significant committment to walleye anglers. They have chosen to put more of their marketing dollars towards the weekend angler rather than the pro circuits in walleye fishing. However, their committment to the FLW events is significantly larger this year too.

Skeeter definitely has the boat for it, but until the last couple years they have not agressively marketed to walleye anglers. They have come out with a couple new models of walleye boats and are very agressively marketing to the walleye industry right now. They have put the word on the street that they are actively looking for walleye tournament anglers to sponsor. When was the last time a boat company did that?

Skeeter dropped a long-time committment to B.A.S.S. this year to the tune of $1.6 million dollars, and one of the reasons they did was so they could more actively pursue the walleye market.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:13 AM
Name withheld

I going to remain anon on this one.

I heard basically the same type of sponsorship with a different brand of boat. The adjustment was that at the end of the year, the sponsored pro that finishes highest 'for the year' in 'specified' tourney circuit will be given the boat.

Sponsorship deal starts with discount X, and invoice for Z amount, remainder has to be paid for by date Y, which is after the championship. Highest sponsored finisher does not have to pay Z amount on due date. All other sponsored pro's have to pay the discounted price.

Seems like giving out a boat for each tourney would be a little aggressive, but if it is for the year seems like a reasonable approach. If the angler finishes higher than all other sponsored anglers, maybe there should be a reward waiting for them at the end of the year. This way it is defined at the beginning of the year.

Note - the deal is for boat only, motor and trailer packages stand on their own.

Old 01-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Hey Fish_On, I sent you an email. Let me know if you received it or not. thanks, RJ