Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Onix file import of Lowrance Data Issues - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Keeper

Default Onix file import of Lowrance Data Issues

Doing the importing of tracks & info from the Lowrance to HB. .USR file is converted to HB file & saved onto disk using HB PC software. Tried it on a buddies 999 unit & it works fine. My Onix will not import the file as it doesn't see a .gpx file on the SD card . I saved the data a couple different ways, but the Onix will not import data.

When I do a save as, I get a .gpx file on the SD card, but the Onix upload fails.

When I click the green upload to SD card in the HBPC program it creates a matrix folder, & the Onix will not recognize it.

Help please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 11:53 AM
Minnow

bensen,

Where is the GPX file saved at on your SD card, is it embedded in another folder?

Have you tried going to the files widget and importing the Nav Data?

If so, and you are still having a problem importing the file, please let me know what software are you running on your Onix unit? This can be found on your Onix unit by going into the settings menu from your home screen, then under the settings menu, select Network then System Info (on this screen you will see the software version for your unit).

Thank you,
Deborah @ Humminbird
Old 07-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Keeper

1) I don't see a .gpx file on the SD card at all. I have done the conversion with 2 separate chips & on 2 separate computers. One of these chips loaded software fine onto my buddies units, & I don't see a .gpx file there for that. I have a matrix folder with 10 files, 000.ht-009.ht & a DATA.HWR in it. Is the .gpx file hidden?

2) I have tried using the files widget and it doesn't show a file to import.

3) ONIXCI SI software ver. 1.20

4) ONIXCI software ver. 1.20

I also have a Terrova Link & 360 on the network.

I have followed these instructions ( http://www.humminbird.com/Category/S...Q/Convert2GPX/ ) & no good. Maybe HB has a how to convert from Lowrance to HB section & I could not find it.

I figured out a solution to my problem, that is not self explanatory.

1) Open the .usr file by using the open function in the HB PC
2) Save the .gpx file (but it won't save it as that name on the SD card) using the Green Arrow
3) Click Red button & disconnect the SD Card
4) Re-insert SD Card
5) Click the Blue Arrow & the file will open automatically saving it a different named .gpx file than originally
6) Do a save as in the HB PC software
7) Click Red arrow & disconnect
8) Upload info into Onix under files, Nav import
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 08:49 AM
Minnow

When you are in Humminbird PC do not use the upload option to the SD card because this saves the file as an HWR file which is used by core products.

Highlight the converted file name ie SD_1401718.gpx then Click on File(Top Left) then Save AS and this will save the information displayed on Humminbird PC as a GPX file.

Just make sure you change your SAVE IN location to your removable disk.

Then put the SD card into your Onix unit and you can go to files and then import the data into the Onix unit.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Keeper

Thank You for your help.

I thought I did that method originally, but it did not work. It creates a .gpx file with my original .usr file naming extension included in it. The Onix recognized the .gpx file extension, but failed to import.

I will try it again tonight & see if I am skipping a step.

Any ideas on the GPS source problem?