Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
shockmaster pedestal - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-14-2012, 05:51 AM
Wallhanger

I had the same issues as 'Dave in Walker'. Constant metal to metal contact and three weeks was the most life I got out of them before failure. (There would actually be a pile of aluminum shavings under the posts) I went through three sets of them. (FYI, my partner and I are both well under 200 pounds) The owner promised me a full refund a year ago and still have not seen one cent of that. He stated that it must have been lost in the mail. I too went with SmoothMoves. I saved all of my old emails that were sent and received from ShockMaster to back these issues up. I won't share them on this open forum but....

My opinion is ShockMaster has a great idea and concept but are not engineered or built robust enough to handle the environment that we operate in. Customer service you ask? Not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 06:46 AM
Wallhanger

For what it is worth, the ones I just installed have a shock absorber in the seat tube, like one you would find on a snowmobile, very smooth and no rubbing at all actually a pretty simple concept and I cant imagine the shock will were out?

Lou
Old 08-14-2012, 07:07 AM
Wallhanger

I have yet to hear anything good about the posts or service and I am from Grand Rapids. I like how they dont take up any more room but the quality and ride of a smooth move is great. I am on my 2nd boat with smooth moves and the new one next year will get them as well.