Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ski pylon on 2008 tyee - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-15-2016, 12:10 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUShoe View Post
I put a turbo swing on a 2010 Lund 1750 Fisherman... no regrets... takes up ZERO space in the boat. When Im done I hang the bar up on the wall when I'm done. The only parts left on the boat are the two brackets that attach to the transom via the motor mount bolts.

The 1750 Fisherman has all the options to add a ski pylon, but was missing some supports in the cross members of the hull. Plus I'd have to get the pylon.

I'd highly recommend the Turbo Swing due to ease of installation and it does a great job pulling skiers/tubers.

You can check it out on YouTube.

I have never seen one of those before. They are pricey, but look as though they would be perfect for a lot of applications. Thx for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2016, 12:54 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyWarrior View Post
I have never seen one of those before. They are pricey, but look as though they would be perfect for a lot of applications. Thx for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad to help...

I really like the turbo swing... it's nice because I can bring normal fishing gear on a long vacation for fishing and bring the TS with the skis / tubes and ropes. Fish in the AM, tube with the family in the afternoon and back out in the evening. Only took the tube and rope out for fishing. I left the bar on and it was out of the way the whole time. It didn't even effect the boat cover since my cover covers the motor as well.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:36 PM
Charter Member

I purchased a custom Swiveleze pylon for my boat, shortly after purchasing it.

Easy install, rock solid, and takes only a couple of minutes to rig, or de rig when not needing the pylon.

Screw in base pedestal in the center rear of the floor and braces running back to the aft end of each of the gunnels.

When not using the pylon, the braces remove, the pylon is unscrewed from the floor and all stores easily in a side locker.

Your choice for the best method of towing for you.

However, when towing skiers or tubers, it is nice to have the pull point mounted high over the motor, so that the rope never hits the water at any time, including tight turns. Any time that the rope hits the water, there is a jerk that comes to the skier or tuber as the rope comes back out of the water and can cause an upset.

The guide line from the pylon manufacturer was to have the pull point of the rope to be at least 10 inches higher than the highest spot on the motor.

Be safe