Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2005 Reatta 175 Evinrude DI Prop Repair or Replace - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 02-23-2017, 05:31 PM
Slot Fish

Default 2005 Reatta 175 Evinrude DI Prop Repair or Replace

I have a 2005 Ranger Reatta with a 175 Evinrude DI Prop is a 14 1/4x19 Renegade 4 blade. Hit a sand bar last year and dinged it up so it needs repair. Does anyone know a good prop shop that works on stainless in MI? I either need to replace or it get it repaired. If I replace it does anyone have any recommendations for my setup? I have heard of some running Mercury props on an Evinrude? Or would it be better to have the current prop worked on by a performance prop Shop? Mark's Props or DAH etc.?

Thanks for your Help,
Jimmy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0719.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	571.2 KB
ID:	244113  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2017, 01:22 AM
Charter Member

Jimmy,
I would certainly buy a new prop to replace your current prop.

Then, drop your current prop off at a good prop shop and have it repaired to be a good spare prop.

I never like to run a motor that has a prop on it that shows any sign of damage.

Any time that a prop is not perfect, you run the risk of an unbalanced load on the engine that can increase wear and tear on your motor's lower unit.

No need necessarily for a performance shop to work on your prop, just a good shop that delivers a quality piece of work.

You should be able to check the Yellow Pages so to speak, or just talk to local bait shops or dealers for a reasonable prop shop in your part of the world.

Good luck
Old 03-01-2017, 05:18 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_vman View Post
I have a 2005 Ranger Reatta with a 175 Evinrude DI Prop is a 14 1/4x19 Renegade 4 blade. Hit a sand bar last year and dinged it up so it needs repair. Does anyone know a good prop shop that works on stainless in MI? I either need to replace or it get it repaired. If I replace it does anyone have any recommendations for my setup? I have heard of some running Mercury props on an Evinrude? Or would it be better to have the current prop worked on by a performance prop Shop? Mark's Props or DAH etc.?

Thanks for your Help,
Jimmy
DAH does repairs. They can also tweak the prop if you like. I have had basic repairs done by DAH for a very reasonable price. I love the way they polish the prop as well. You could use it as a mirror for shaving.