Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
SD Walleye Classic - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 08-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Question

Default SD Walleye Classic

Thank you. For some reason I could not get their website to come up yesterday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Kelvin

Thumbs up SD Walleye Classic Info

Here is the Web Address for them www.sdwalleyeclassic.com on the site there is information about who to contact. They will help you with any questions that you might have...I do know that the entry deadline is approaching. Should be a great tournament...Professionally run...with a lot of fun in Akaska South Dakota.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Minnow

Location: Akaska, SD (May thru Oct.) Mesa,AZ (Nov. thru Apr.)
Smile South Dakota Walleye Classic

If anyone is wondering if the fish are biting. Yesterday a 12.5 pounder and two 10 pounders were caught and brought in for mounting. Beautiful walleye. Great color and size.
Get signed up and come out for some great fishing.
Dick
Old 08-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Minnow

Location: Akaska, SD (May thru Oct.) Mesa,AZ (Nov. thru Apr.)
Smile South Dakota

Good job LAWETECH!!!! I couldn't have said it any better. Where is all the talk, talk, talk?? Where are all the Pro's?? Everyone wants a tournament. So, here it is, and its not only a Walleye Tournament, it is a Festival. Check out the activities, sponsors, and schedule at www.sdwalleyeclassic.com
Dick Sorensen
Old 08-19-2008, 03:24 PM

Default wrong move

I just heard (from Angie at the SD Walleye Classic) that they are going to pair each pro with 2 am's! I am not sure what they are thinking... They could call it the SD Guide Service or the SD Babysitter Club, that might fit better. Just because they didn't fill with pros the first year doesn't mean you have to do something like this. I know alot of great tournaments out there that took 3-5 years to get a full field, but they just had to build a reputation first which is exactly what the SD Walleye Classis is not doing by changing the rules 1 week before the start of it. Amateurs signed up to fish 1-on-1 with a pro each day, not to fish with another amateur in the boat as well. I was also told that if I wanted to pull out as an amateur, that my entry fee wouldn't be refunded! Good luck to all of the pro's that are on the fish, you now have 6 amateurs that hopefully keep their mouth shut, instead of 3. I am in full support of this tournament, but I just think this is the wrong thing to do.....
Old 08-19-2008, 07:07 PM
brentgle

Default don't agree

I am fishing on the pro side. When they called me and suggested fishing with 2 co's, right away I thought is was not a great idea. HOWEVER, the more I though about it the more I liked it. First, I love the idea of running 6 rods. Second, I think it will be less awkard with 2 guys rather than 1 and take the pressure off the co's (not wanting to make a mistake) a little bit. Third, I have heard that you will be able to keep 3 overs which will make deceiding which fish to keep a bit easier, and thus making the tournament more favorable to the better fisherman. Forth, they don't have to turn down any co's. Now I am sure not everyone will agree, but I for one like the changes and am looking forward to the tournament!
Old 08-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Vikings Fan

Default Changing Rules

As a pro who did enter early I do not think much of all the rule changes. First they took our payment in full early then let anyone sign up until August 15th at the same price. That was rule change #1. Then they dumped two co-anglers on each pro contestant each day instead of one. Rule change #2. Now 6 rods can be used instead of 4. A definite advantage to the trollers over those attempting to fish use live bait rigging methods. Rule change #3. Now three fish over 20" each day instead of two. Rule change #4. In addition to that two additional slot fish per day. Rule change #5.

I would not have put my money in or my support for this tournament under these changed rules. When notified of the rule changes I asked for my money back. Which I was informed they wouldn't do. With $1000.00 invested that is not refundable, I may be stuck this year fishing the S. D. Walleye Classic this year, but not next year. This is not a good start to getting this tournament off the ground in my book. One has to wonder what surprise rule changes may be awaiting us at the rules meeting and weigh ins.

NOT A GOOD MOVE!
Old 08-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Wallhanger

With all the changes could another S.D. Govenors Cup be on the horizon. They had a major snaffu on the 2nd day that got what would have been the winners DQ'd.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:24 AM
Slot Fish

Default sd classic

Don't get me wrong I think this tournament is a great thing for this area this time of year and is being supported very well...

altough changing the rules after people have paid is generally not a good idea in anything. Especially now if you have more fish in the boat. Will this lead to more of a chance for am's to tie as well??

Also I've read where the locals that are hoping for a new circuit should be in this tournament and if not we aren't serious. Well this isn't the same as a circuit, its more money, during the week,. I have been tossing around the idea of fishing this but will pass. But am anxious to see everyone fish and hope it goes well.

I've have talked to a couple pros and they do have mixed emotions on the 2ams per boat.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Charter Member

Default overbooked

I am guessing there is a good reason the PWT and FLW would not take in more AM's than Pro's in a Pro/AM format and this experience for the fishermen may very well drive this point home. Why not follow these circuits lead and simply fill the AM side in as the Pro side grows and keep the rest on a waiting list? This is no different than all the airlines purposely "overbooking" all their flights to insure that all the seats are full when the birds leave the ground. Don't take into account all the people's lives that will be made miserable by overbooking the plane and all the unhappy customers that will be left standing in the airport trying to figure out how to get to their destination. Unfortunately I don't see making all the extra AM's happy and bringing in more AM entry fee's as the path to a successful event!!