Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
1775 pro guide? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Wallhanger

A 90 should make these legit 40mph boats, and also help with picking up 4 people and gear.

I like the tackle storage and the baitwells, perfect for how I fish.

Anyone need a 2012 Pro Guide??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Keeper

[QUOTE=Hot Runr Guy;3155793]OK, I'm going to take a ride out there tomorrow morning,

Terry,
What did you think of it seeing it in person. Long wanted a tiller Impact and now it seems they're here. The new Pro Guides are using Impact shells. I wonder if this was the plan from the beginning. It does make sense to streamline,using the same shells for different models. Does it have the same front deck as the Impacts with 2 additional storage areas on either side of the rod locker? Did the command center seem a little big and bulky or is there enough room to move around it? That would be my main question about it. You know I like the no frills Explorers

Last edited by KSauers; 09-07-2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Wallhanger

Whats funny is if you price out the 1675 Pro Guide with a 75, 1775 Pro Guide with 90 and 1875 Pro Guide with 90, you will see the Most Value is the 1875, a lil Alum and Wood along with steel in the Trailer is not that Expensive, cost on the 75-90 is hundreds since their the same motor, along with optioning them the same it makes the 1875 Pro Guide a Value, so thats what we ordered for stock...NO MORE Merc power steering, now its regular or Titan, which Titan is over 1/2the Price of the Verado system, the Raised Deck on the 1875 is Killer also......Ill have Pics of ours in a couple days...
Old 09-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Keeper

More pics are good
Old 09-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSauers View Post
Terry,
What did you think of it seeing it in person. Long wanted a tiller Impact and now it seems they're here. The new Pro Guides are using Impact shells. I wonder if this was the plan from the beginning. It does make sense to streamline,using the same shells for different models. Does it have the same front deck as the Impacts with 2 additional storage areas on either side of the rod locker? Did the command center seem a little big and bulky or is there enough room to move around it? That would be my main question about it. You know I like the no frills Explorers
Jeez Kurt, it's hard not to like sniny new tin sitting in a dealers showroom. Comparing the front deck layout to an Impact, it appears to be longer, with those 2 storage compartments on either side of the center rod locker. That being said, the rod locker still sticks-back a fair amount, so it might be able to handle longer rods.

The command center is fine, size-wise. Sitting in the drivers seat, where I would want it, I did not feel cramped.

Keep in mind, it's still a "Pro" Guide. More bells and whistles than I need. I'd like to see a wider 1825 Rebel XL Tiller developed, with only a bow livewell, basic switches and gauges, and probably lighter hull weight than a comparable PG. I imagine it could be rated for a 90, which would make a well-performing 18' package.

HRG
Old 09-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Jeez Kurt, it's hard not to like sniny new tin sitting in a dealers showroom. Comparing the front deck layout to an Impact, it appears to be longer, with those 2 storage compartments on either side of the center rod locker. That being said, the rod locker still sticks-back a fair amount, so it might be able to handle longer rods.

The command center is fine, size-wise. Sitting in the drivers seat, where I would want it, I did not feel cramped.

Keep in mind, it's still a "Pro" Guide. More bells and whistles than I need. I'd like to see a wider 1825 Rebel XL Tiller developed, with only a bow livewell, basic switches and gauges, and probably lighter hull weight than a comparable PG. I imagine it could be rated for a 90, which would make a well-performing 18' package.

HRG
So you went from a 17 to a 16 and now thinking 18? Is that right? You just described what I want. Basically a 20 Alaskan cut down 2 ft.

As far as center rod lockers, my jigging rod is 6'8",rigging are 7'6". Mushie rods,nothing under 8. Center lockers are pretty useless. I think they're ok for strictly walleye fisherman,but for the long rods of muskie men useless.

New boats sure are fun to dream about.

Last edited by KSauers; 09-07-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSauers View Post
So you went from a 17 to a 16 and now thinking 18? Is that right? You just described what I want. Basically a 20 Alaskan cut down 2 ft.
Not me man, I'm happy with my 16.5'. But you're right, a 2' shorter 2000 Alaskan might be the ticket for some people.

HRG
Old 09-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Keeper

I'd like to see a wider 1825 Rebel XL Tiller developed, with only a bow livewell, basic switches and gauges, and probably lighter hull weight than a comparable PG. I imagine it could be rated for a 90, which would make a well-performing 18' package.

I thought that would be something you'd like for yourself,but you were speaking that it would be a good addition to the line.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Charter Member

Default Power steering still available

Just not an ordering option anymore. Now dealer has to install if you want it! I know this because that is what I did! Has to do with no alternator on new mercs just a stator hence not enough charging capacity. Just add another battery and should work just fine--just like you do with the vrods!
Old 09-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015 Lund View Post
Yes the baitwell is optional and it would be more floor space. There is not any insert for the baitwell, which would be nice if there was one.

All of the 2015 Pro Guides have their shell based off of the Impacts.

Take note of how the center rod storage doesn't have the door sitting flush with the floor near the hatch lock. The door starts off flush at the hinge and inclines as it makes its way towards the back of the boat.

Drawers at the electronics area is the same for the 1675 and 1775, but is different on the 1875. Not sure on the 2075.
1875 is same as 2075.