Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Buck Grub....................any good????? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Big Game Hunting

Old 09-23-2004, 07:06 PM
Slot Fish

Default Buck Grub....................any good?????

I have seen a product on the outdoor channel that I think is called Buck Grub. I hunt field edges near farm land where the deer are getting plenty of nutrition(corn, soybeans, and alfalfa). In the past, I have tried baiting with corn, apples, and even deer cane. None of which gave great success. I am wondering if this would be worth a try since it would be different then the natural food sources. If not Buck Grub, anyone have any other favorites? Thanks in advance..........

wiswalleyenut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2004, 04:33 AM
Minnow

Default RE: Buck Grub....................any good?????

I have used it and it seems to work great for me. I think that it is where you are hunting that would cause the deer not to visit your feed. If you are hunting on the edge of a field the deer have what they want right there and no need to really go to your feed. I hunt in MI in stephenson (about 2 hours noth of green bay i guess) but their is'nt any crop fields near where i hunt(mostly oak ridges) and they sure seem to like. I can put out the recomended amount and it will be gone the next day or two. So the deer will eat it is just a matter if they will want it more than whatever is in the field you are hunting near. If you use it let me know how it works out. opener is wednesday here and i will be up there hunting for 2 weeks. Good luck