Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Replacing dual console with full windshield on Lund 2008 Pro-V - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-07-2011, 05:00 PM
Wallhanger

Me, I would not waste my time on something like this. I would look for another boat, with what you want on it, a kicker, full windshield,etc. If you are determined to do this, I would start looking at the "Wrecked" boats sites. There are a lot out there, and if you are lucky, you may find one that is stripped of electronics, motors, but my have the windshield intact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Wallhanger

I have to agree, I would check around to see if you coundn't find a boat with a full windshield. Seems like a lot of money to upgrade your boat. Best of luck!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Minnow

Default Doing the opposite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strickers cut View Post
I believe this is true for Alumacraft as well. I am trying to do the same thing right now on a Alumacraft Dominator 175 that came with double bubbles. My alumacraft dealer quoted me a price for just the full windshield. Think it was around $700.
Strickers_cut, Are you still considering doing this? I am told that you can replace bubbles with a full windshield by removal and replacement. I am going to be replacing my full windshield with bubbles in May. I have sent you a PM.
Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 AM
lakechamplainguy

Default Lund Windshields

I know this post is old but I was running into the same problem. Found www.Lund-Parts.com. Hope this helps!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Minnow

Default PRO V Windshield

I have wrestled with this as well for the last two years. I have a 2001 1900 Pro V with the 2 bubbles and can't stand them. The walkthrough is worth it's weight in gold. I too have no desire to upgrade and love my 200 Yamaha!! I would rather spend for the upgrade a few thousand then drop a ton on a new boat!! I contacted Lund as well a few years ago and it was NO, NO, and NO!!! Seems like the response should be Yes, Yes, and Yes!! I have no one in the Chicagoland area that has the skill set bto touch this project. Please let me know the name of the dealer that will work with you because I would travel far to convert my rig!!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 PM
Wallhanger

A sore spot, for sure. The windshield is a BIG expense.
Taylor makes the walk thru windshields...for almost boats... as far as I know.
They bought their competitors out.

My experience (numerous times as a dealer) was that they are extremely proud of their product.
They'd sell the whole complete windshield assembly...glass, frame & all.
Take it or leave it.
I hope they have lightened up...but, I'm guessing there has been no change...?

Last edited by T Mac; 06-17-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:29 PM
Wallhanger

I sure hope there is an answer to this as I have a 2004 1800 Explorer with double bubble which is similar to the ProV in a way and I have been wanting to put a full windshield on it for quite a while now.. . . Those of you that say it's easier to just go find a different boat of the same make but with a full windshield, that's easier said than done. A lot tougher to find if you want the same boat with Yamaha. I had to look for 3 years to find a 1800 explorer maxed out with a Yamaha F150 and I snapped it up when it came up. For sure I would never find a windshield one with a F150 anytime soon so yes I would spend the money to put one on, I'd put it on myself anyway plus my boat is already rigged the way I want it so you wouldn't be saving anything having to re rig a full winsheld boat all over again the way you want it if you ever find one,
Old 06-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

Just a suggestion, or option to throw out there for those that want more protection than the double bubble, single bubble, or for that matter, tiller with no console.

Look into a dodger top. For less than $1K. There are some factory options, and custom shops could cure any design issues that you feel strong about.

Not saying it's a perfect answer, but it is an option.

I have one, an in 5-6 years have used it 3-4 days. It was easy to put on when the weather and fishing conditions matched the need for it. I was in a tournament where I knew I would be anchoring on river spots for a couple days due to the wind keeping us off the bay, in late fall. It was nice to have those days. Keeping the nose into the wind, we were able to verticle jig and have good feel on the rods in 30+ mph winds. But the rest of the time, I love the wide open space. An occasional splash of water on my face when it's 100 degrees in Mobridge feels good too.

It's just an option for those that feel like they might want something, sometimes, that they don't have now.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Minnow

Default adding a windshield to a Pro V SE

I read this thread for 3 years. I made a million phone calls, called in favors. And still got the same answer from every Lund connection I had...they would NOT sell me a replacement windshield let alone do the replacement work. After my first summer in the water with my 2008 1900 Pro V SE I regretted not getting the IFS with a walk thru windshield. I otherwise absolutely LOVED my boat. I knew it could be done. I just didn't want the end result to look like some self made piece of garbage. Anyway, I did it and I am extremely happy and proud of the result. The most time consuming part was making sure the end result looked like an OEM product. I think I came pretty close. First, I ordered a 'paper template' of a Crestliner Windshield from Great Lakes Skipper. It was a perfect fit. So I ordered it for $1,200. Now it was a matter of building a solid base for the windshield to rest on. It took several hours of patience and planning to build a platform/base for this windshield to fit on and be secure. Basically, I thru bolted a 2x4 on the front of the console (thru carpet, so you can't even see the holes). And I used a 2x8 to sit on the gunwale. Then I contoured a 1x4 to lie flat on top. And the windshield was screwed into this base. With a matching coat of paint, the end result was a better looking wrap around windshield than Lund's own 'upright-looking' windshield. The additional parts of wood, bolts, paint was maybe another $150. The great thing about this is that the complete windshield can be removed by removing 3 bolts on the front and 1 'L' bracket on the gunwale. And you can go back to the original double bubbles. The corners could be easily rounded and contoured a bit more...I ran out of time...the walleye were hungry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lund Boat Windshield 9 027.jpg
Views:	1338
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	66561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lund Boat Windshield 9 005.jpg
Views:	1300
Size:	513.3 KB
ID:	66569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lund Boat Windshield 9 003.jpg
Views:	2253
Size:	513.0 KB
ID:	66577  
Old 02-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Wallhanger

Man you do good work! That is a very nice looking result. The only thing I might have considered differently is to see if I could have used Star board instead of wood ....for longevity/rot. But, I suppose if you store it inside then that's not much of an issue.

m