Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Avada Hearing Aids - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2012, 06:28 AM
Wallhanger

Default Avada Hearing Aids

I've been to the doctor's so I know my hearing loss and needs, now it's time to sort out the options. Avada is the most expensive by far but who knows what the heck is inside those instruments? They all sound good in the office, in fact most sellers don't even turn them all the way up for new wearers because they say your brain will be uncomfortable and people end up not liking them and then don't use them. Any experience out there with Avada?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Charter Member

Have you looked into Starkey Labs hearing aids? I looked at a comparison chart and the Avada's have the least "channels" available in it's models compared to the rest of the industry. This points out it could mean "sub-standard" I know nothing about hearing aids.

Starkey is a Minnesota company, so the money will stay in the state. Plus, from what I have seen and heard, Starkey is one of the leaders in advanced technology in the hearing aid business. Some of their hearing aids are 100% waterproof. I woulds do some shopping and compare brands before putting money down on your audiologists selling brand.

Call 5-6 different audiologist and pick their brain for what brand is best on average.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 AM
Wallhanger

How much do the Starkeys cost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Wallhanger

If you are going to spend any time around loud things like lawn mowers, rototillers, OB motors, or firearms, be sure to get hearing aids that cancel out noise, a.k.a. "military" hearing aids.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueller View Post
How much do the Starkeys cost?
Like anything else, full spread of models with a full spread of pricing.

http://starkey.com/the-starkey-difference

http://starkey.com/starkey-products

Last edited by Apple Guy; 03-25-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Wallhanger

Mine are Unitrom Hearing and the model is Moxi. Cost me about $3,600 for both about four years ago. Don't know what the price is now. They seem to do a pretty good job for me and about the only problem I have is when I don't have the surround sound on with the LCD and the poor speakers don't direct the sound right at me. No problems with the phone and loud sounds are supposed to get cancelled out. Wore them one time snowmobiling with a helmet all day and they shut down sometime during the day and woke up after I got the helmet off. Don't wear they in my helmets anymore.