Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
day ruined - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-30-2001, 03:58 PM
Keeper

Default RE: day ruined

i have full coverage on the boat and contents,including tackle and riggers.full replacement value today,not when i bought it.

my homeowners insurance and boat insurance is through the same company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2001, 04:19 PM
Charter Member

Hopefully you have put your name on some of this stuff, in a place that most people won't look. I put my name over all my stuff, as I've been ripped before too. Check at all the pawn shops and watch for your gear showing up at a ramp. Don't be afraid to ask someone where they got it, kind of like your looking to purchase the same thing. They may set you up with the creeps that took your stuff. Hope you get a fair shake from your insuarnce co. I actually invited my insurance guy over to take pictures of all my gear. Then there's no question.....

" Fishing is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope "
Old 09-30-2001, 04:34 PM
Minnow

sorry to hear about your stuff being taken, had the same thing happen to me a few years ago, i think it was someone who knew exactly what they were looking for, they even took the time to remove my transducer w/cable from my boat in the garage, he even left his muddy footprints on the floor of my boat, i was so pissed, got the money from the insurence, but lost some good tackle.
Old 09-30-2001, 05:33 PM
rick

I understand that it doesn't take away the hassle of dealing with getting new stuff,..and the big feeling of the violation,.. the the feeling you have to mistrust people ect. I live close enough to big cities that we lock our cars even if we are going inside for a few minutes. I have a place in the Mts that people go away for all day and leave their houses unlocked as well as leave the keys in the ignition at nite!!! I remember as a kid my parents doing the same,...I can't identify with it,...I wish I could,..it was a nicer time then,...hopefully your ins co will do you well,..and try to change it into a more positive thing getting new stuff,..maybe a notch better than you had if thats possible,..
I have those motion lights on every corner of my house now,.I had a rash of things taken,...since then most bad guys don't seem to like it,...The first one was put inside of my garage,...and one of lite sockets,.I put a screw in plug that I pluged in a cheap tag sale radio on med loud,..so when anyone gos in,..a light AND the radio goes on,..apparenty someone did break in but the light and noise was too much for him,...prob didn't know if someone else could hear/see it,..(radio that sounds med loud during the day sounds very loud at late nite) Convinced me to put reg motion lights up around the outside house,..I like it too if I have to go out,.. it lights my way,.(in the garage I even like my favorite station playing as well as being able to see better,...errr make sure if you do this that your fav' station plays all night).you can get the ones that have very few false triggers from wind,animals etc,..(I suppose you also could get a tag sale tape recorder with the "no mistake for anything else" sound of a gun bolt!)
Old 09-30-2001, 10:14 PM

I lost all my tackle in a fire, when someone torched my partner's boat.(we know who did it, but can't prove it) But anyway, all my gear was covered by My home owner's ins. even though it was on his boat. They also would give me replacement value at a pro-rated amount for "depreciation". However since they would pay to replace the stuff, I took my list(that's the hard part, trying to remember what you had)to one store that carried all or most of the items, and had the check made out to them. (In my case it was Fleet-Farm.)Also, when you make out your itemized list for the Ins. Company, give them the prices from Cabela's or somewhere that's a little more pricey; this way when you replace them, you have a bigger range in what you want.(Fleet Farm's receipt lists lures as simply "lure" so you can pick what you want, and eliminate some of those useless ones you had because they looked nice.) I feel for Ya man, been there done that, and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope this helps a little, good luck.

Old 10-01-2001, 05:46 AM
McGruff

Default Should've had...

a "Dock Cop" or similar theft detection alarm installed in your boat. Many people put them in their cars and trucks. The technology works in a boat too. I would think that the shrill alarm would have stopped them in their tracks. Maybe you would've even had time to squeeze off a few shots as they ran away. :)

Old 10-01-2001, 07:04 AM
Slot Fish

Default RE: Should've had...

i feel for ya. people think they can just violate other people with no remorse. i say the ##### with them especially since they are not sorry. i had my amatuer radio ripped out of my truck so i know how you feel. people with no morals or feelings for others rights should pay i hope you catch them.
Jumbo
Old 10-01-2001, 07:36 AM
Slot Fish

Default RE: Should've had...

one of those lights that comes on by movment might help too... unless it comes on every time you go to the bathroom but thats a diffrent story.

Being a person who was not a very upstanding teen, I can say that if lights came on, I ran like heck.
Old 10-01-2001, 08:50 AM
Minnow

You might contact any pawn shops in your area and have them contact you if anyone brings the stuff in. I got ripped off 2 years ago and the local law inforcement said that they are the first place to check. Sorry for your loss. I know how you feel.

Minnesota
Old 10-01-2001, 11:17 AM
SINK 'RSWIM

Sorry about your misfortune; however, know this won't make you feel better but...

My Dad and I had just returned from a fishing trip in Canada. We were wore out from the drive, and, when we arrived home, we just pulled up in front of the house and dashed inside to make a pot of coffee and relax for a moment. We were sitting there drinking coffee and my Dad's dog was at the front door just raising all kinds of h***. We were tired and we yelled the dog down.

Ever seen two grown men apologize to a dog?