Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Electronics shut down-Voltage drop but... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Slot Fish

Default Electronics shut down-Voltage drop but...

Ok so I have an 05 620 with a 225 Vmax with a Cabelas Angler Group 27 starting battery. Battery puts out 950 CCA (1200 MCA). Only since I recently installed my LSS1 hub have I had issues where when I start my engine..the radio and dash sonar (HDS 10) restart. My LCX 27 at the bow seems fine. I'm guessing there is a voltage drop with the addition of my LSS1 sounder now and I'm looking at upgrading to a 3100 series with at least 1000 CCA. I think the 950 CCA should be fine for my engine but before I get a new battery wanted to run through all the options...

I also read on here somewhere that with some of the older rangers there were some grounding issues with the accessories switches causing the same issue and guys who re-grounded their sonars fixed the issue.

I've checked the battery leads at the motor to make sure they are snug and sanded all of the battery leads last night to ensure good connection.

Optimally, I wanted to have a dedicated battery just for starting, one for my electronics and then my 3 for my 36V system. Problem is where do you put a 5th battery?! Plus I only have a 4 bank charger so I don't know if I'd be ok without having a dedicated charger for the starter battery.