Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ethical dilema - Page 9 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 03-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Keeper

[quote=gee whiz;1401936]This is going to be very interesting....[/quote]
First reply and nailed it!!:popc1::boozer::stirthepot::popc1:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Wallhanger

Default Out of Control

Sorry out of control.....................................
Old 03-04-2012, 05:06 PM
gee whiz

Default Well

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QczyNaIu9Mo[/url]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 10:50 PM
LightenUp

Default Superman & His Cape

[QUOTE=Wade B AKA: Ruger2506;1402513]I say you are way off base on that one Kgone. Way off! It is up to us as sportsman to police ourselves. The conservation officers depend on tips to do their job effectively.

I have turned guys in and kicked them out of my deer camp because they chose to poach despite my warning them it was unacceptable in my camp.

For the record I do not live in a glass house. I have made mistakes and in doing so I broke the law. I paid my fines and moved on. That was about 10 years ago now.

I sure hope you "mind your business" guys don't turn a blind eye when you see someone being mugged or rapped. It is pretty black and white wether laws are being broken or not.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you have turned guys in, Superman! I can picture it now--You ride in to catch the poacher just in time, a big "W" on your cape. I don't think there would be any conservation without your humble and speedy delivery of justice. Without your efforts, there probably would be anarchy and chaos in deer camps and state parks everywhere! By the way, it's supposed to be sportsmen, raped, and whether since we are doing it the right way...
Old 03-05-2012, 05:41 AM
Wallhanger

OP: In my opinion, the spirit of the possession limit law is NOT to limit how many fish you can keep in your home. The spirit of that law is to prevent visitors from coming for a week and keeping all the fish they catch (think of a resort lake that gets hit hard all summer).

Ask any warden if he has a problem with a guy saving up 80 fillets to cook at a big birthday party and he will say no.

[I]There is absolutely no difference to the resource if I keep my daily limit and eat them that night, or if I save them up and eat them 4 months later.[/I]
Old 03-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Wallhanger

Do we know what state this guy is in?

In MN the possession limit IS the daily limit. NO STOCKPILING.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:32 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=LightenUp;1402892]By the way, it's supposed to be sportsmen, raped, and whether since we are doing it the right way...[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I didn't proof read that one. Thanks anonymous Grammar Police. :bangin:
Old 03-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Wonder

[QUOTE=Further North;1402650]No, not at all...it's just a mathematical extension to show where on a line the guy would hit depending on number of days fished....you look at the chart, pick the number of days the poacher fished, and the red line shows the amount of damage he did to our resource vs. what another angler, abiding by the law legally took from the resource (Blue Line).

Since it's a simple formula, it's easy to predict how many fish our poacher took (and will likely continue to take unless they get busted a time or three) from our resource. It's also useful as a gauge for the number of "Law Abiding Angler Days" vs. "Poacher Days" if you take the number of violators in the system on any given day, or for any time period....let's say you have 6 poachers doing this, and they each fish 15 days a season:

6 (poachers or law abiding anglers) x 15(fishing days) = 90 (poacher fishing days or law abiding angler days).

Dude's still a game hog, and it really reflects poorly on anglers as a group that there are other anglers either supporting these kinds of actions, or shrugging them off as no big deal.

Why would we give anyone (let's say...PETA) that kind of toe hold to use against us?[/QUOTE]

Wonder why states like ND and Ohio that don't have possession limits aren't fished out? The only thing I dislike more than someone who has all the answers (like Wade) is someone who calls other people DUDE! LOL
Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Wonder;1402938]The only thing I dislike more than someone who has all the answers (like Wade) is someone who calls other people DUDE! LOL[/QUOTE]

This one is pretty black and white. Makes it easy for me to be right. A person is breaking the law or they aren't.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:07 AM
Hypocrite

[QUOTE=Wade B AKA: Ruger2506;1402940]This one is pretty black and white. Makes it easy for me to be right. A person is breaking the law or they aren't.[/QUOTE]

Let's just face facts here it's out of convienience. I read some of your old posts and you admitted that your friends drink beer while in their truck, boat, sleds etc. Why is it okay for your friends to break the law and put themselves and other peoples lives in danger but it's not okay for a guy to have to many eyes in his freezer dog killer.

I think getting behind the wheel drunk and having enough meat in the freezer are on opposite sides of the spectrum yet you will turn on guy in and not another just because you know him. No different here this guy doesn't want to turn his co worker in just because he knows him and works with him.