Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Three in the morning sounds - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2012, 02:48 AM
Charter Member

Default Three in the morning sounds

It's just after three in the morning and my wife and I were just woke up by a long mournful howl. This was not a coyote! We have coyotes calling every night so I know what a coyote sounds like and trust me this was no coyote!!!

I've heard this howl in Canada and like I just said this was no coyote. Too deep and "throaty" for a coyote. There is little doubt in my mind that I just heard my first Central Illinois wolf.

We live on our farm out in the country so any unusual sound brings me right out of a dead sleep. I think my nights sleep is over.

Gary P

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 03-31-2012, 06:53 AM
jerr unlogged

Default sleepus interruptus

Nothing brings me straight up in bed faster than a couple of raccons discussing their personal attributes. Between them and a couple of the neighbors cats doing a serenade I get the chance to watch an extra bit of late nite tv. Foxes in the spring are also great sleep deterrants- - jerr
Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 AM
Wallhanger

Could be a Sasquatch. I've seen that Finding Bigfoot show and they seems pretty convinced they exist.

I think a wolf is a better answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Minnow

Chupacabra?
Old 03-31-2012, 08:46 AM
gee whiz

Default Gun shots

When I hear a couple of bangs around 3 AM keeps me wide awake for awhile..quite awhile actually..
Old 03-31-2012, 10:06 AM
Wallhanger

I've read that there've been wolves documented in Il that migrated from WI...,.A neighbor of mine hit and killed a wolf in I94 between Milwaukee and Madison. WI DNR verified the animal as a wolf.

It's not much of a stretch to think you may have heard one. He won't stay long.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
It's just after three in the morning and my wife and I were just woke up by a long mournful howl. This was not a coyote! We have coyotes calling every night so I know what a coyote sounds like and trust me this was no coyote!!!

I've heard this howl in Canada and like I just said this was no coyote. Too deep and "throaty" for a coyote. There is little doubt in my mind that I just heard my first Central Illinois wolf.

We live on our farm out in the country so any unusual sound brings me right out of a dead sleep. I think my nights sleep is over.

Gary P
A stray dog gone ferrell?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Keeper

I used to have a Chesapeake retriever, who when the fire siren when off downtown, he would start howling, that would put many wolves to shame.