Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
My Lowrance problem solved! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Default My Lowrance problem solved!

Well first of all I could not log in, I am Dave in Walker, one of many having issues with my lcx-110 not keeping locked on bottom and blinking away. Well after many many adjustments, changes, ideas, you name it I tried it my problem is cured. We went backwards on software, removed 2.1, went back to 1.6 and bingo! resolved. Now this does not make any sense as we tried my unit with the 2.1 on different boats and it worked fine, both aluminum Lunds, so why not mine? I'll never know I guess, but my advice to others is if your lowrance unit works do not install updates! for some of the improvments they offer having the key things fail on yhou is not worth it to me. The employes at Reeds helped me out a lot, also Lowrance was great, inspite of some saying about bad customer service, not for me! only problem is they are very hard to get a hold of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

I am having the same exact problem with my 522! Talked with customer service and she recommended upgrading from 2.1 to 2.3.. This didn't help! The POS still loses bottom! I have adjusted the transducer 40 times. I finally got my x27 in, so the 522 is only used for the gps.

It's going back after the season.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:00 AM

I've had the same issue with mine since the time it was installed. I have adjusted the transducer on my 37c numerous times & can't get it to work cosistently all the time. It won't keep locked on the bottom all the time. Mine has the 2.1 version installed. Maybe worth a shot to install the 1.6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Unregistered

Guys what do you do for a unit that doesn't take a chip. My 510c does this same exact thing, but there is no way to install a chip with a different software. By the way I did exactly what the original poster did with my 339c, and it know reads bottom again.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:43 PM

I too have the same issues with a Lcx112 & Lcx37. I have two different transducers, no change. I downloaded the 2.3 upgrade, still have the issue.

I am leaving for Canada this Friday, can I utilize the 1.6 software?

Wade Gens
Old 07-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Wallhanger

Default software

I can't say for sure, but I do believe it may be your answer, I tried 3 different transducers, 1 being new, tried wiring straight to the battery with a new power cord, and my mounting board looks like a woodpecker went at it! installed1.6 software and it is nearly flawless, go figure, also removed my marine radio and antenna searching for interferaance and found none. Also remember your module has to be returned to 1.6 or it will not work
Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Walker View Post
I can't say for sure, but I do believe it may be your answer, I tried 3 different transducers, 1 being new, tried wiring straight to the battery with a new power cord, and my mounting board looks like a woodpecker went at it!

That's funny! I had a brand new mounting board as well. I now have atleast 20 holes in it! How can I install 1.6? Is it still on the web?

This is crazy. Not to bash here, but Lowrance has sure had it's problems lately! What's up with that?
Old 07-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Minnow

Linda Colt

Customer Service Department
12000 East Skelly Drive
Tulsa, Ok 74128
1-800-324-1356 #8747
Direct line 918-438-8747
Fax 918-234-1745 Email: linda.colt@navico.com

If you guys have ANY issues with your Lowrance products, contact Linda. She is the best Customer Service rep I have ever dealt with, she WILL make it right at whatever cost. At least she did with my 332C's.
Chad Lukehart
Old 07-24-2008, 02:49 PM
Wallhanger

Default lowrance

Chad is right, I dealt with Linda Colt with my unit, and Craig Campell with the software issues, very very good people to work with, only complaint from me is technical help at Lowrance takes a lot of patience, hint, not with Linda! Also for those wanting software, contact Lowrance, then their software division, they send them out in the version of a email, you then download them to a chip and install in your unit! Now I am not a computer geek so software downloading was done by the experts at Reeds. You need a mapreader? or a digital camera and a blank mmc/sd card. good luck