Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Northern Pike by Kenora - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 03-30-2014, 11:04 AM
Slot Fish

Default Northern Pike by Kenora

I have fished a little by Kenora on LOTW for Walleyes & had some nice success. All my fishing has been catch & release. I have also done some Northern Pike fishing but not had much success on fish over 40 inches there. Was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for pike within about 7 miles of Kenora. The reason for this is because I'm there for work & this is about as far as I can travel with rented boat from Kenora. Places to fish at or look for structure I should focus on. I have been able to find numbers of small Pike 30-40 but not larger Pike. I have had a couple Muskey's follows but no takers. Date of trip is last week of June. Thanks

Last edited by 1100 Remington Man; 03-30-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Minnow

Have you been down to Shoal Lake? There are some big fish down there, I typically fish the Ptarmigan Bay area, but this was the best quality spot I have found for Pike. Just bring a lake map.....
Old 05-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks I will have to check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Wallhanger

Shoal is one of the best NP waters in the whole province. Don't miss the chance to try it if presented with the opportunity. Great smallie bite too. Be aware however that Shoal is a closed to walleye sanctuary.

Last edited by zeebee; 05-28-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Minnow

i'm going to kenora in september to fish lotw and i was wondering if anyone knows of any public ramps to put in at shoal lake?
i would love to go fish that lake for a day or two. there is only one resort on the lake and they are not pet friendly so i can't stay there. i tried, but rules are rules. thank you