Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2010/2011 Ford F-150 gas milage - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2011, 06:56 AM
Keeper

Thumbs up

i live in northern canada so my mileage is based on the bigger gallon. i travel long distance on the highway to work and have taken my mileage this winter in -20 degree weather. i have gotten 24.5 and 18 in the city. this is at 60mph. of course when you step on it, the mileage goes down. overall, very happy with the truck. the 2011 with the newer motors are pushing 29-31mpg. very impressive. i never started to get good mileage till i had 7k on the truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Keeper

Thumbs up

i just googled 2011 f-150 test drives. the 2011 new motors were test driven against the competitors with EXTREMELY remarkable results. very impressive.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:27 PM
buffy

Default f-150 mileage

Has anyone have any comments on the 4.6 litre motor cause ive been looking at buying a 2010 with this motor heard they get about 20 mpg anybody?
Old 02-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Charter Member

I work for a Ford Dealer in Wi.. Drove the 5.0 litre the other day and I was impressed with that also. More power than the old 5.4 and sopposedly better fuel economy. Eco- boost is fun to drive in the cars, have not had a chance to drive one in a truck yet.

RKG
Old 02-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Buffy,

One of my co-workers has a F150 SuperCrew 4x4 with the 4.6L and says he routinely gets over 20mpg; as high as 23mpg. He's in the northeastern US so I'm not familiar with the driving conditions; speed limits, terrain or how hard he drives it, etc. but he's not a one to BS. He's very pleased with his truck and I know he pulls a rather large 18' jonboat with a 115hp and says it pulls it fine.

In my person experience, if you pull a lot or do a lot of highway driving, bigger is better when it comes to engines. I did have a company vehicle until last November, the last one being a Toyota Tundra with the 4.7L. Big mistake there. It didn't get any better highway mileage than the guys running the 5.7L and was seriously lacking in power. If I was a guy who did very little towing and/or little highway (interstate at 70-75mph) driving, the 4.7L would have been fine. It did get about 14.5mpg on an average in the city. Overall it was a pretty nice truck but just didn't have it on the highway.

Buzz
Old 02-25-2011, 01:17 PM
Buck Snort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Buffy,

One of my co-workers has a F150 SuperCrew 4x4 with the 4.6L and says he routinely gets over 20mpg; as high as 23mpg. He's in the northeastern US so I'm not familiar with the driving conditions; speed limits, terrain or how hard he drives it, etc. but he's not a one to BS. He's very pleased with his truck and I know he pulls a rather large 18' jonboat with a 115hp and says it pulls it fine.

In my person experience, if you pull a lot or do a lot of highway driving, bigger is better when it comes to engines. I did have a company vehicle until last November, the last one being a Toyota Tundra with the 4.7L. Big mistake there. It didn't get any better highway mileage than the guys running the 5.7L and was seriously lacking in power. If I was a guy who did very little towing and/or little highway (interstate at 70-75mph) driving, the 4.7L would have been fine. It did get about 14.5mpg on an average in the city. Overall it was a pretty nice truck but just didn't have it on the highway.

Buzz
I have Tundra with the 4.7l and can sniff 19 if I keep it around 70. Climb to the 75mph range and it' more in the 16'ish range.

That said, I pull a lot of stuff, including a 692, 619, or 620 on ocassion, and it's not lacking power there. I wouldn't want to pull anthing without breaks though, because the breaks on the truck are a bit small, ('06 not the newer style).
Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 PM
Buck Snort

I too am interested on the long term results on the Eco-Boost. I'll have 100K on my truck in the next year or so and will be looking then. Hopefully that is enough time for them to work the bugs out.

Toyota has been a heckova truck so far though, it will be a tough sell for Ford to get me to come back. Toyota has been great from the get go.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:27 PM
buffy

Default f-150 mileage

Buzz thank you for your response. 90 percent of the time ill b driving it back and forth to work and pullin maybe 10 percent. Have a 2000 f-250 right now with 215000 on it with the 5.4 get 12-14 with it. i wouldnt know what to do if i got anyything over 15 mpg Lol.