Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
TrollMaster Throttle Control - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-06-2001, 08:07 PM
Rabble Rouser

Default TrollMaster Throttle Control

Has anybody used the TrollMaster throttle control. I was thinking of using one on my 9.9 4-stroke kicker motor. I was wondering how good it works and if it is worth the $200. Thanks in advance for your advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2001, 03:35 AM

Default RE: TrollMaster Throttle Control

I don't know about the Troll Master. I've seen there advertisements and thought it would be nice if someone combined a throttle control like this with steering control (like Panther's E-Z Steer). Now that would be the something I'd be interested in.

Are you listening Eric O.? Have anything in the works?
Old 05-07-2001, 03:43 AM
Keeper

I'm Here!

Yes ... we are working on a prototype now. The unit will allow both steering and throttle to be controlled from the same control.

Time line... not sure as of yet. We want a waterproof unit and the casings and switches need to be designed as such. So be patient, I want it right before we release it.

Thanks for the inquiry!

Eric Olson
Product Manager
Panther Marine Products
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2001, 09:16 AM
Minnow

do jou make one for a 15hp 2stroke yamaha 1997 model thanks

Old 05-07-2001, 10:21 AM
Mel Reichling

I used the Troll Master last year and was impressed with the unit. Speed settings are more accruate and easy to adjust. With a flip of the switch it returns you to your previous speed setting. The people in our area that installed the Troll Master last year are happy with the unit. Hope this helps in your decision.
Old 05-07-2001, 11:57 AM
Wallhanger

How well does the Troll Master adjust speed? I have a 9.9 Merc 4-stroke and when "tweaking" the trolling speed on the tiller handle, the adjustment just isn't "fine" enough. Does the Troll Master improve on this? Thanx!
Old 05-07-2001, 02:21 PM
Topline Control

We have been in the business of manufacturing throttle controls for 13 years. The new Trollmaster is our latest effort. It is water tight, accurate precise and easy to install. In our opinion machanical steering device linking the two drive units is far supieror to steering just the kicker motor, do to the increased rudder area.
Bill Hastings
Topline Control
Manufactur of Trollmaster
www.troll-master.com
Old 05-07-2001, 02:27 PM
Bill Hastings

Rich I sorry But we don't have a unit for your 15 ymamha 2 cycle.
Old 05-07-2001, 05:17 PM
Minnow

It's probably the best $200 I spent on my boat. I've had one for about 2 years now and I have 4 friends that I fish with who also have them on their boats and we all are very pleased! It is easy to install and operate. We all have Merc 9.9 4-stokes and with proper installation, you can get awesome speed control. Beats the heck of either telling your partner "more speed" or getting up and doing it yourself. With the Trollking, you can simply move the speed dial knob ever so slightly to control the speed from the helm seat. If you do lots of trolling it is a must.
Old 05-07-2001, 08:15 PM
Rabble Rouser

Thanks to everyone on their feedback on the TrollMaster unit. I called the company today and ordered one for my 9.9 merc. I think it will work out real good for me. Most all of my fishing is 'handline' trolling. Thanks again, Eric