Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger trailer brakes - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 09-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Same Here

The brakes hung up on my 2011 R. T. trailer today for the second time for no apparemt reason. By the time I got pulled over they smelled hot. Released the catch and they started working again. 385 miles from home. Not good. Mission control we have a problem...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 05:51 AM
Keeper

It will get worse. They have a problem so dont think you did anything wrong. Get them fixed because it will happen again. Give Sam Wilson a call at Ranger. His number is 870-704-2224, He will take care of you
Old 09-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes and Roosters View Post
Sorry about your trouble. I went through the same thing with my new 619 a month ago. If the brakes lock up you can jumper your running lights to the back up wire which will engage your celiniod and turn off the brakes.
Could you please explain how to do this in case it ever happens to me?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm_03 View Post
Could you please explain how to do this in case it ever happens to me?
Thanks.
You need to get a short extension with a male and female connection. Take the back up wire on the trailer side and tie it to the running lights wire. Turn on the lights and you will than have power going to the celanoid which will than bypass your brakes. Or if you get in a pinch you can run a wire from your tail light and tie it into you back up wire on the trailer. When I had my 617 and toyota with only a 4 prong conector I had 2 wires out of my tail lights. One from the back up lights and one from the running lights. I would hook up the running lights so when I was going down steep grades I could turn on my lights and bypass my brakes and than when I thought I needed brakes I would turn off my lights and all would be normal. The other wire was from my back light that I would use for the back up wire. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Walleyes and Roosters; 09-16-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
You need to get a short extension with a male and female connection. Take the back up wire on the trailer side and tie it to the running lights wire. Turn on the lights and you will than have power going to the celanoid which will than bypass your brakes. Or if you get in a pinch you can run a wire from your tail light and tie it into you back up wire on the trailer. When I had my 617 and toyota with only a 4 prong conector I had 2 wires out of my tail lights. One from the back up lights and one from the running lights. I would hook up the running lights so when I was going down steep grades I could turn off my brakes and than when I thought I needed brakes I would turn off my lights and all would be normal. Hope this helps.
I cant stand it lol

the word is SOLENOID

Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Keeper

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by perchjerker View Post
I cant stand it lol

the word is SOLENOID

Sorry - only a 8th grade egucation --------- BUT I HAVE MAKE MILLIONS

Last edited by Walleyes and Roosters; 09-16-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Sorry - only a 8th grade egucation --------- BUT I HAVE MAKE MILLIONS
lol Jethro

Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Keeper

I dont think it will help the acuator problem. it not electrical
Old 09-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Minnow

Just a thought if your outboard regardless of the brand fails on the water will the manufacturer pay for a tow? Also was it unsafe on a large body of water? Just a thought.... sometimes things fail let face it guns to fishing reels it all works out when its under warranty........
Old 09-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewstring View Post
I have empathy for you. My direct dealings with Ranger have always been top notch. I beleive some dealers are lazy. Given the difference in response for getting your rig flatbedded, I would guess the dealer never called. I have had great service luck with the dealer north (Ranger) in Packerland. I bought where you did as well.
Edgewater failed to say the deal offered support on a Sunday and if a manufacturer says no to the dealer its no. None of my manufacturers including ranger have never payed for towing originally when we called they said no? We are not lazy and offer 24 tech support even on Sundays find a deal that offers that in the state.... ranger has bent there rules to having a few problems with the trailers...