Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Left blinker/brake light not working from my vehicle - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 09-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Wallhanger

Default could be wire rub in trailer

then it grounds out to trailer shorts out fuse? Ive had this happen twice on different boats. That's assuming everything else was looked at.
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2011, 04:46 AM
Charter Member

That's just it. Probably something shorted it out. With mine I got about 2 miles down the road and it blew again. So ended up, since it was 15+ years old, pulling all the old wiring and replacing it and the tail lights. Kind of a pain with the running lights and all, but should be good for a few years, now.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman View Post
then it grounds out to trailer shorts out fuse? Ive had this happen twice on different boats. That's assuming everything else was looked at.
I had a bad ground in the plug as well that was disabling all trailer lights and surge brakes. I fixed that prior to going after the blinker problem so maybe that was the cause of the blown fuse. Hopefully it's all fixed now and won't go again. I'll just pick up a couple extra fuses in case. The trailer is only 3 months old so the wiring is all in very good shape.

Thanks again for the help,

Joe