Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Striker Ice suits Weight? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Notices

Old 01-07-2017, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Default Striker Ice suits Weight?

Are these suits as heavy as the frabill or the clam flotation suits? Bought the frabill and the darn thing is heavy and somewhat cumbersome. Thanks for the information!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2017, 09:23 PM
Keeper

Striker Ice has 4 different styles of there floating ice suit. They are the Climate rated 10 heaviest you would think for being the warmest, Hardwater rated 9, and the one i have and there best seller the Predator with a 7 rating. IMO it is very comfortable and weight wise very light had it out in -35 deg stayed warm, very mobile with bibs also. One thing to watch for is they have a tendency to run small so make sure you try it on. I mainly use this set up when temp goes down to 20 other wise i use my Ice Armour set which is lot lighter but does not float. Quality is second to none. Really have me thinking going to try on the Frabill, Clam tomorrow. If i recall i think there was a tread about the Frabill suit . Maybe some other hard body anglers will reply also.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:57 AM
Wallhanger

I have the Striker Climate floatation suit. This particular suit is a little heavier than a snowmobile suit, but is the warmest suit I have ever had, and after trying it out the hard way late last winter, I can affirm it will float you. Striker is very high quality compared to many of the other brands, but as always you pay for quality, no regrets from this user. There is a lot of good information/comparisons of suits in a couple of areas of the Ice Shanty site http://www.iceshanty.com/ you might want to do a search there, to help answer your questions.

Old 01-25-2017, 09:50 PM
Minnow

Default Really like mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoneyes View Post
Striker Ice has 4 different styles of there floating ice suit. They are the Climate rated 10 heaviest you would think for being the warmest, Hardwater rated 9, and the one i have and there best seller the Predator with a 7 rating. IMO it is very comfortable and weight wise very light had it out in -35 deg stayed warm, very mobile with bibs also. One thing to watch for is they have a tendency to run small so make sure you try it on. I mainly use this set up when temp goes down to 20 other wise i use my Ice Armour set which is lot lighter but does not float. Quality is second to none. Really have me thinking going to try on the Frabill, Clam tomorrow. If i recall i think there was a tread about the Frabill suit . Maybe some other hard body anglers will reply also.
I have the Striker Lite float suit. I have now worn it over two years and can't believe how it stands up to abuse. I would consider mine very light to other bibs and coats. By far the warmest I have worn on the ice. I agree with the above comment that the bibs tend to run on the small side.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Minnow

They are fairly heavy, I use the striker hardwater. super warm and I can spend all day out on the ice and I've only had to use my jacket a few times this year when the wind picks up or its below minus 20. Most times I just use the bibs and a hoodie.