Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
wheele house battery chargeing - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Notices

Old 08-22-2016, 04:42 PM
Minnow

Default wheele house battery chargeing

i have a converter in my house coverts 110v to 12v and charges the battery what i want to do is add another battery in parallel to get more run time so i don't have to run the generator as much and i also have an electric auger that i run
will the converter charge both batteries any thoughts or experience with adding batteries too the house is welcome
thought about adding a 2 bank charger like the boat and leave it plugged in all the time but don't know if i will have an issue with the converter trying to charge at the same time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2016, 12:53 PM
Slot Fish

What is a wheele house????
Old 09-03-2016, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjohnson View Post
i have a converter in my house coverts 110v to 12v and charges the battery what i want to do is add another battery in parallel to get more run time so i don't have to run the generator as much and i also have an electric auger that i run
will the converter charge both batteries any thoughts or experience with adding batteries too the house
I have two 12v batteries hooked parallel, charged with with a converter, works great!

Old 09-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by U D View Post
What is a wheele house????
An ice fishing house that has axles that allow you to lower the house to ice level.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:24 PM
Minnow

I would not charge 2 batteries in parallel. Plus the converter that came with the house has a low charging rate if it's like mine. I'm going to be putting in a 2 battery bank charger in mine,and pull the charging fuse in the converter. Good luck
Old 12-18-2016, 08:46 AM
Wallhanger

I think it depends on the output of your converter. You should be able to find that out by doing a search using the model number of the unit. The converter on my enclosed snowmobile trailer easily charges the 2 onboard batteries.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:11 AM
Keeper

run them in parallel. use the inverter. Been doing it for years. never had a problem. I also have four batteries in my boat, two batteries in parallel ,and the three bank charger keeps them all charged just fine. Just takes a little longer to charge when having two in parallel
Have you thought about solar charger at all?