Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Mississippi River Reports - Can it be Possible to sustain a thread? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Slot Fish

New to site but I fish pool 16 and 17 and would like to keep this thread going...Newer to year round walleye fishing but trying to learn to catch them other then when everyone is...also fish crappie alot and of course catfish...going out this morning and will try to stay out of goose hunters way, I have given that rat race up and stick to fishing nowadays. Crappie bite has been fantastic really all summer and should stay good with shallower fish with cooling temps. keep posts coming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Slot Fish

Saw a guy prefishing/scouting on pool 17. He said nothing going on on 16...crappie bite going strong on 17.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Keeper

Tried 16 for a little while. Not much action this past weekend. One of these days it has to turn on.

Has anyone had any luck from 3 down to 16???

houndog

"A man's got to know his limitations"
Old 10-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Wallhanger

Some friends of mine said things on the river are on fire,.....

I can't say where or when though,.............
Old 10-14-2012, 09:05 PM
One eye

Fished pool 14 Thursday caught 8 several slots one keeper and 2 shorts. Just out for a couple hours had to beat the wing dams over and over with a little bit of everything but the temp is down in the 50s and they are starting to go on plastic another week or so it will be cranking up. I'm going to try to go out tomorrow I'll let ya know if I do
Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Wallhanger

sylvan slough on 16 should start filling with fish in 2 or 3 weeks.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Keeper

Thanks! We've had two weekends of family obligations but will be back on the water this weekend. Will report what's learned.

houndog

"A man's got to know his limitations."
Old 10-15-2012, 08:31 PM
Minnow

Was out today caught a few eyes was slow at first, but stuck with it and caught some around noon. Didn't get out till 8 caught a little bit of everything today. The stripes are going nuts. Just gotta grind it out I guess
Old 10-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Wallhanger

I fished 14 a few day last week, caught a few walleye, large & smallmouth bass, sheepheads, small flathead. Most my fish came off wingdams between Clinton and the dam. Shad color ringworms caught most of them, a few on jig-n-minnow.

I talked to one gentleman who had fished the Illinois side of the dam and said he caught fish for a couple days then things turned off.

So no big days but more importantly too me anyway is that I am having at least some success with methods which are pretty new to me, also my boat control at wingdams has come a long way.

As for my son, he has still got the bug, matter of fact my father-in-law took him shopping for a "toy" last weekend, the toy my son picked out, Seasonal Jigging Tactics for Walleye DVD put out by the fellas from The Next Bite.

Vertical jigging is going to be difficult for my son I'm afraid but he wants to try. We did try 3 ways with floating cranks last Wendesday but there was so much grass coming down it was nearly impossible.

Quote from Rob Olson
Delta Waterfowl President
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by phowler View Post
I fished 14 a few day last week, caught a few walleye, large & smallmouth bass, sheepheads, small flathead. Most my fish came off wingdams between Clinton and the dam. Shad color ringworms caught most of them, a few on jig-n-minnow.

I talked to one gentleman who had fished the Illinois side of the dam and said he caught fish for a couple days then things turned off.

So no big days but more importantly too me anyway is that I am having at least some success with methods which are pretty new to me, also my boat control at wingdams has come a long way.

As for my son, he has still got the bug, matter of fact my father-in-law took him shopping for a "toy" last weekend, the toy my son picked out, Seasonal Jigging Tactics for Walleye DVD put out by the fellas from The Next Bite.

Vertical jigging is going to be difficult for my son I'm afraid but he wants to try. We did try 3 ways with floating cranks last Wendesday but there was so much grass coming down it was nearly impossible.
boat control will be the key to his success. whether its you or he. you might want to invest in an ipilot too. i taught my wife to vertical jig and she picked it up pretty easily.