Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cast and Blast - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Small Game and Birds

Notices

Old 08-30-2016, 03:46 PM
Minnow

Red face Cast and Blast

Heading to Pasha for a cast and blast for the grouse opener. Just two of us plus my bird dog. Never been to this area before, but we are experienced grouse hunters and a reasonable amount of experience fishing shield lakes.

Anyway, just curious about the best route to get there from White River- continue on 17 to 11 or take 631 to 11.

I'm sure the owner will give us some direction as far as finding birds. Hoping we can find some sharptails in addition to ruffs. I know they like pine cutovers and burns. Anyone with recommendations on habitat types, where NOT to go etc. shout out or pm me. Not looking for anyone's honey holes but if there are areas to avoid for whatever reason that would be great to know.

We of course will fish Onaman weather permitting and maybe some other back lakes (Northwind). We plan to strictly fish for walleye. Thinking 1/4 jigs with twister pretty will much rule the roost, perhaps hot-n-tots or weighted rapalas to troll to find fish. Amount of fishing will depend on weather and hunting success. Any pointers or perspective on Onaman or back lakes appreciated.

Thanks.