Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
620vs versus 620fs - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Minnow

Default 620vs versus 620fs

Can anyone who has owned both give some feedback?

Both with vrod pro bravo 1 4 blades

I have heard the front deck is 6" shorter as they moved the consoles forward - less dry storage up front?

Also the cap taller so deeper inside

And hole shot not as good as a more difficult hull to get onto plane (250vrod pro with 4blade bravo)

Sounds like it was built more for the big water walleye (trolling) fisherman versus the bass/musky/walleye casters. Less room up front and more between back deck and consoles.

Considering upgrading to a fs but I spend 95% of my fishing time on the front deck so not sure it will really be any upgrade for how I fish - casting. I also install a back casting deck.

Looking for pros/cons to upgrading from a '14vs to '17fs

I very rarely if ever troll. small and big (devils, GB) water.

thx

Last edited by hodag; 01-11-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Keeper

I have a 620FS and would consider the front deck fairly large compared to most walleye boats. I cast half the time for muskies and spend the other half behind the console walleye fishing, and it's about perfect for both.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:15 AM
Super Moderator

Go get in one and tell me if you can tell a difference up front. I doubt you will be able to tell. It's very roomy up front.

They put a fan in the port side bow storage, and rod locker, so that made that space smaller in the storage area only...but, the storage on the starboard side is larger, so it balances out.

There are other features in the FS models that the VS series doesn't have that you may find more attractive and useful.

As for getting on plane...it's still very fast. The hull also cuts waves like a hot knife on a stick of butter.

I doubt very much you will complain about any of the changes made to the FS series, if you move up to it.

Wait, I take that back....the new rubber flooring stains, and is a pain in the butt to keep clean....so, make sure to get the snap in carpet option if your as OCD about keeping a boat clean, as I am.
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

2017 Ranger 621 FS
300 G2
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Ulterra w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird Helix 12 SI CHIRP Gen2
and Helix 10 DI CHIRP Gen2

Old 01-12-2017, 07:21 AM
Minnow

I see your running a G2 300 on a 21.

Did you compare to the vrod 300 in terms of hole shot?

Hearing the 621fs really should have a 350 on it if I want performance similar to my current 620VS and 250vrod? From local users - not salespeople.

I would not have a problem spending $1k on a 621 vs 620 but the motor upgrade costs 3k (300) or 6k(350 prod) more. I have plenty of space to store.

thx
Old 01-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Charter Member

Your post says that you want the 21 footer with the 350hp motor - so get it.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:05 AM
Keeper

I can't speak for performance with a vrod on 620, but the G2 performs very well with the FS. 63ish for topend, day in and day out. Rough water ride is superior to the VS. The front deck actually feels bigger on the FS, but yes, there is less storage up front. The boat sits higher in the water, which is noticeable when reaching over the side to land a fish. The rubber floor is very comfortable to stand on all day, but like Juls said, it's a pain to keep clean. There are some other minor things I don't care for with the FS but all in all, it's an awesome fishing rig.