Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Nwt prairie du chien wi side only - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 05-14-2017, 05:31 PM
LittleME

Default Nwt prairie du chien wi side only

Heard a rumor that the NWT event out of Prairie du Chien is going to be WI water only cause they didn't get permit from Iowa. Anyone else here rumor on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2017, 06:07 PM
Minnow

I've heard that as well. Or you can go North until you get to the WI/MIN boarder. Its my understanding Iowa does not issue fishing tournament permits in June, July, or Aug due to fish mortality...I don't know first hand if there's truth to this, but it was from a pretty reliable source.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldojb View Post
I've heard that as well. Or you can go North until you get to the WI/MIN boarder. Its my understanding Iowa does not issue fishing tournament permits in June, July, or Aug due to fish mortality...I don't know first hand if there's truth to this, but it was from a pretty reliable source.
This is true, The IA DNR does not issue permits during the months that you mentioned. I wonder how the NWT will handle this? Imaginary line down the middle of the river? From my experience this is how tournaments in the area have handled situations like this in the past, but not sure how you would regulate this with a 100 boat field and multiple pools of the river to cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2017, 02:20 PM
Minnow

During past tournies, can you drive your boat through "Iowa water" with fish in your boat or do you need to stay out of "Iowa water" completely? I assume, you can boat through there, just not fish on their half of the river.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:50 PM
Minnow

Also, its Pools 9, 10, 11 only.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:53 PM
Minnow

Default River rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleME View Post
Heard a rumor that the NWT event out of Prairie du Chien is going to be WI water only cause they didn't get permit from Iowa. Anyone else here rumor on this?
Typically when fishing the Mississippi river it's mutual waters as long as you stay between the railroad tracks on each side. Please be sure of the tourney rules set forth but just because it's a Wisconsin tournament doesn't mean you can't fish the Iowa side or vice versa. Just can't weigh in on the Iowa side.
NPAA #310
Old 05-19-2017, 11:29 AM
Minnow

NWT website says WI waters only.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Minnow

I'm trying to get clarification from Anthony Wright, tournament director. No luck so far but I just called him a little while ago. I know my Wisconsin fishing license covers both sides of the river. It makes sense to have the tourney be both shores, but not past bridges or in tributaries on the Iowa side. But I agree, it says WI waters only, not shared waters. I'll post when I hear more.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:14 PM
Minnow

I just received clarification from Anthony Wright, NWT Tourney Director. You can drive your boat through Iowa waters but you are not allowed to fish (during the tourney) anything where you are on the Iowa side of the river on your GPS.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:14 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheres waldo View Post
typically when fishing the mississippi river it's mutual waters as long as you stay between the railroad tracks on each side. Please be sure of the tourney rules set forth but just because it's a wisconsin tournament doesn't mean you can't fish the iowa side or vice versa. Just can't weigh in on the iowa side.
wrong regarding tournament fishing