Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lac Suel - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 12-12-1999, 05:11 PM
Minnow

Default Lac Suel

Need help with cabin on or near Lac Suel for first week in June 2000. 3 guys going. Never been there. Thanks for the help
Jimbo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-1999, 10:57 PM
Minnow

Default Try Deerpath Lodge!

Deerpath Lodge is on Big Vermillion Lake, between Sioux Lookout and Hudson and about a mile to a good boat launch on Lac Seul. Big Vermillion has excellent Lake Trout, Smallies, Northern and Muskie. You probably know about Lac Seul!

Give Rick Tinney a call at 807-737-1050, or e-mail him at rtinney@sl.lakeheadu.ca Tell him TeeDub sent you. My wife and I stayed at Deerpath this past August and fished both Lac Seul and Big Vermillon. The cabins are excellent, the rates were good and the fishing was even better. I used to live in that area and miss it a lot. Going back ice fishing in March!
Old 12-16-1999, 04:59 PM
Roger Osborne

Default fishing spot near Lac Suel

If this is first time in Canada, Lac Suel is giant lake, dangerous and not a place to start your Canadian fishing adventures(in my opinion). I have fished all over NW Ontario for 40 years and yes, I have fished in Lac Suel. Great Lake but in a weeks time you will spend at least 1-2 days of your vacation standing on the dock watching the waves roll in! Recommend only with a guide and large boat! For a safer lake consider Southbaylodge.com 14,000 acre Confederation Lake safe, remote, quality fish (plus I own it!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-1999, 02:14 PM
Minnow

Default Lac Suel

Jimbo
What side of LS do you plan to fish? I am very familiar with the west side and can help you with info. I have fished the west side for a total of 17 weeks in the past 6 years. The lake is BIG and reccomend that you get a guide the first day or so to help with location of fish and what presentations are working at that time. Would reccomend a GOOD lake map and a GPS unit. As the other post stated, it can get rough on that lake, I have only been grounded once in all the time I've been up there. Usually, I leave early and return late to miss the famed LS chop. The wind does blow but usually doesn't really kick up until mid morning and subsides by early evening. Oh, I run a 17' bassboat and get around the lake with minimal troubles.
The lake has a very good population of walleyes and fishing is generally good to very good in June. There are many days of 50 fish per person if you know where to fish!

Old 12-28-1999, 11:32 AM
Nate W.

Default Try Scout Lake Resort

This will be my first trip to Lac Seul this July. My group is going to stay at Scout Lake Resort. I choose this resort because (1) it's pretty resonably priced, (2) It's on a smaller lake connected to Lac Seul so on bad weather days I can still fish the smaller lakes close to the cabin, and (3) it's a ways from Ear falls and what seems to be where all the other resorts are crammed in. Like I said, I haven't been there yet. I'm not a tourney-quality fisherman and I go for the experience and relaxtion as much as for the fishing. But since it is on Lac Seul I do expect the fishing to be better than what I have here in Iowa. Just MHO.
Old 01-13-2000, 07:11 PM
Keeper

Default RE: March ice fishing

I have been going to Souix Lookout/Hudson now for 3 years running and am just dying to know when and where a guy can go ice fishing on Lac Suel. My fishing partner and I both have snow machines with pull behind portables, so we are pretty mobile. My big concern is safety. Is there anyone who guides or runs an ice fishing service around there? Any help or info. would be greatly appreciated.....
Old 01-13-2000, 11:51 PM
Minnow

In all the years I lived there, about eight, I've never ice fished on Lac Seul. With the current running through, there's a lot of unsafe ice out there. My bro-in-law still has a snowmobile down there somewhere in about 60 ft. and he's lived there all his life. I have relatives and friends in the area that I communicate with via e-mail. I'll see what I can find out for you. My plan at the end of March is to stick with the locals and fish some of the smaller lakes in behind Hudson for Walleye and Big Vermillion for Lakers! Some of the small lakes produce some nice Eyes, probably because it's so tough to get a boat into them during the summer months.
Old 01-14-2000, 08:24 AM
Keeper

Thanks! Any info. you could obtain for me would be greatly appreciated. I would also think that there must be a lot of smaller lakes that have some incredible fishing for eyes that are inaccessable in the summer months by boat or plane. Problem is, it's pretty hard to wander out somewhere you've never been before. Especially in the winter. Also, it's a long drive from Minneapolis to make and time is always an issue. If you can find out any more, feel free to send me an email at "Robert.M.Bombardier@supervalu.com"
Old 01-14-2000, 01:09 PM
Minnow

RMB, see my first response to this string and send an e-mail to Rick Tinney. He's a very good friend of mine and owns a camp close to Hudson. I'm not certain if any of his guides do ice-fishing trips or not, but Rick can certainly steer you in the right direction. I do know that he has a few ice fishermen come into his camp each winter. He's also honest enough, that if he can't help you himself... he'll point you to someone who can. Tell him if he doesn't... Terry won't show him where the big trout are anymore! ;-)
Old 01-14-2000, 04:00 PM
Keeper

Thanks! I'll do that....PS How big are the Lakers you're getting up there?