Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
October lake of the woods - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 09-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Minnow

Default October lake of the woods

Every fall my dad and I try to go somewhere for a few days. Went to northwest angle LOTW last year had fun caught a lot of fish but didn't have anything over 22 inches. Thinking about south side of lake this year but know nothing about it. When does the shiner run typically start? Is it a jig bite or trolling bite? Is there anywhere to stay on the river? Or should I forget this idea and go north again? Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2014, 07:38 AM
Wallhanger

your chances in the fall at the big girls are certainly i think better on the south side.

the run usually happens mid october.

fish are now starting to stack up at lighthouse gap ready to release into the river at some point.
clementson resort had a cabin available the 11-18th last week.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:09 PM
username

Shiners are showing up now and fish are still mostly in the lake yet. The later the better. Lots of resorts along the river and are not as busy this time of year. For big fish, the south end and the river is where its happening. Jig and frozen shiners are the ticket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 07:25 AM
Wallhanger

fished this past week in the river. launched at vidas. you had to pick and pop to find fish. deep, shallow. we caught all sorts of fish in 12' all the way to 24' of water. we could put no pattern on them. caught the crap out of small fish and did well on slots. the 18-19's were elusive. out of the 16 we could take home only about half were in that size range.