Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
MWC Spring Valley, Good, Bad and Da Ugly - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 03-26-2012, 06:31 PM
MWC Spring Valley good and bad

Default MWC Spring Valley, Good, Bad and Da Ugly

Great to get on the water and see old friends and meet new ones. Enjoyed great dinning, fish fry at the boat club, Jalapenos Mexican restaurant, Cabin fever-great wings, Little Sicily Pizza and last but not least Skoogs Steakhouse in LaSalle. Skoogs steak will not take a second seat to any steak joint in the country. Huge indoor grill area where you can cook or they will. Huge meat fridge behind glass where you select your cut of meat. Thanks to the folks at la Quinta great breakfast and service all around. Thanks to the gentleman that pulled my boat and trailer out of the water Sunday at the Boat Club. The Army Corp Lady at the meeting was a hoot:-) Thanks to all the volunteers and the Spring Valley Walleye Club for the hard work.

Here go's. MWC please fix the cluster you call a weigh-in. 154 teams playing bumper boats on a river. It is not a good experience. Please record the boat number as it comes in. Then call boats on the radio for weigh-in following the same order.

Inconsiderate anglers buzzing past other boats at full throttle.

And my number one gripe you guys fashioning your "sponsors" wardrobe passing boats in the weigh in line. I'll tolerate a lot but how about some common sense and respect of your fellow angler. You know whom I'm talking about and I'm sure there were others. Not shy about giving someone a piece of my mind although there's not much left because you two guys used it up.

When getting off plane at weigh in follow the boat in front of you. Very simple.

Last edited by Juls; 03-26-2012 at 07:13 PM. Reason: swearing and name calling is not allowed on this site...please be civil...thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 06:33 PM
waz jr

Smile

My mistake. The above rant was from me. Not another guest.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Too important for me

Wink

You mean there were more than 20 teams that never learned what a single file line is??? Those clowns that see a boat length between you and the guy in front of you, then they rush up to jump in like they are merging from an off ramp????

People are just that inconsiderate when it comes to fishing, it's changed as the money got bigger! Just cause you spent 250K on fishing equipment doesnt mean the people you are "disrespecting" shouldnt get the same respect you are crying for!

Race up and create more of a cluster....you are just that important! ROLLING MY EYES....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Charter Member

LOL I recall the meeting we had at In-Fish headquarters early on in the PWT days about this same type scenario. About the 2nd year after the first event at Lake Erie....

Simply, cow tags with a number were made and handed out via the time boat as each boat came by it and then as you suggest, each boat was called in by #--in the order they got via the cow tag--on the radios. The numbered tag was turned back in at the scales for use the next day.

That rule was called the "Seelhoff rule" for obvious reasons. LOL (he'd laugh about it now)

And that was 20 years ago....so it ain't nothin' new to do if MWC was on the ball.
Steve Fellegy #49
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter. MLK
sf1954@embarqmail.com or 651-270-3383 cell#
Old 03-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Rusty McCan

Hi waz its (good) to see you out fishing tournaments again. It sure sounded like a (bad) deal at the weight in so you can't just leave us hanging. Who was (da ugly) guy in the pretty boat first & last initials will do. Who knows may never buy that product again, wouldn't his sponsors be proud. Sonny Reynolds use to tell us - what you do on the water always reflects back on the angler and on the sponsors so be nice be courteous.
Rusty
Old 03-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Wallhanger

Default Wow!

I wasn't at the spring valley tourney but I will say I have been to several MWC tourneys and a few NTC tourneys That was ran by the MWC and I have never seen stuff like that happen! For me it has been the best ran no nonsense tournaments I have ever seen! If it was seen by Mr. Palmer or Mr. Johnson I'm pretty confident it would have been dealt with accordingly! Just my Opinion!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Keeper

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyejim1216 View Post
I wasn't at the spring valley tourney but I will say I have been to several MWC tourneys and a few NTC tourneys That was ran by the MWC and I have never seen stuff like that happen! For me it has been the best ran no nonsense tournaments I have ever seen! If it was seen by Mr. Palmer or Mr. Johnson I'm pretty confident it would have been dealt with accordingly! Just my Opinion!
I have been to several MWC/NTC as well and I am also a tournament director. Green Bay was the worst for me and I have seen it plenty! I do not blame MWC. C'mon guys, you can't expect tournament directors to be on the water like policemen doing traffic control on the water. If I had to deal with it again I would simply call the guy out in front of his peers on the water. I have fished tournaments for 18 years. I was polite to these losers for the first 15. Now, if you want to pull that crap, I will call you out on it! I actually had tournament fishermen request that I monitor guys budging in line with their trailer/truck. Really??? Grown men need to be babysat? I think the original poster here should name the individual that did that. Maybe the embarassment would be a good consequence. Geeeez....
Old 03-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Pound View Post
Grown men need to be babysat?

Every single day.

Sincerely,

Juls
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 AM
Schmitty 1

Smile Your welcome and thank you

Your Welcome Waz JR looked like you could use a hand. And thank you Dan Wheaton for helping me pull our boat out.
99 percent of the MWC anglers are class acts but there alway's got to be a few that can't wait there turn.
Congrats to the MWC it's been awhile since any circuit has seen 154 boats fishing 1 event.

I like the Cow tag Idea. That weigh in line was frustrating to say the least.
Tight lines
Schmitty
Old 03-27-2012, 12:25 PM
mwc vet

I'm not sure what caused the back up but I've been involved with several Spring Valley tournaments that have had full fields and never had to wait 2hrs on the water like I did this year. Something has to be done about this or you can forget about increasing participation. Having the second flight in at 4:00 instead of 3:30 would help. Might as well fish instead of sitting on the water with motor idling for 2 hrs.