Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New HDS gen1 update 4.1 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Minnow

Default New HDS gen1 update 4.1

• Improved bottom tracking at high speeds
• Enhanced deep water (>1000 feet) depth tracking
• Shortened lock on time for trolling motor mounted transducers
• Better jig tracking
• Users may notice a need to adjust auto-sensitivity settings following this upgrade to optimize returns

To download this new update, go to http://www.lowrance.com/Downloads/Pr...ftware-Update/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 07:43 AM
Wallhanger

Thanks for the info on 4.1 update. I will instal it and I am sure I will have "0" problems, since I have never had a problem with my HDS units or any of the updates.

Last edited by Juls; 02-10-2012 at 08:26 AM. Reason: quote was deleted....
Old 02-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Wallhanger

Actually, it seems to be routine practice for Lowrance to release one more software update for a product that has just been replaced by a newer model. That update often solves some significant remaining issues. Now, a second post-replacement release...

Last edited by Juls; 02-10-2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Had to delete a deleted quote....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 08:31 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLewellin View Post
Thanks for the info on 4.1 update. I will instal it and I am sure I will have "0" problems, since I have never had a problem with my HDS units or any of the updates.
Thanks Jules! I am greatful for the good mods on this site!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLewellin View Post
Thanks Jules! I am greatful for the good mods on this site!
+1
Goes for me too!!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Keeper

Anyone with an HDS 5 do the update yet? I did and noticed that on the Waypoint keypad screen for naming your waypoints there is a "More" button in the lower right corner where the green OK button should be. You cannot select this button and it forces you to press the menu key and then select OK to save your changes. Also, the "More" button has two selctor dots on it (one highlighted blue the other not). These are also not accessible.

None of this is shown in their documentation.

KT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HDS5.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	13536  
Old 02-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTroller View Post
Anyone with an HDS 5 do the update yet? I did and noticed that on the Waypoint keypad screen for naming your waypoints there is a "More" button in the lower right corner where the green OK button should be. You cannot select this button and it forces you to press the menu key and then select OK to save your changes. Also, the "More" button has two selctor dots on it (one highlighted blue the other not). These are also not accessible.

None of this is shown in their documentation.

KT
Per Lowrance:
"Yes it is a bug but there is an easy workaround. When ready to accept the waypoint name, press Menu and choose OK."

Gave the link to your post here on WC to a guy at Lowrance KTroller, and this is what he sent to me. I'm assuming there will be another update to follow once the "bug" has been addressed and fixed, but for the time being the "workaround" given will take care the issue!
Tight Lines
Old 02-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Keeper

Thanks Steve, knew about the workaround, was just hoping the More button and selectors would do something exceptional like initiate time travel or send a pizza delivery to your present location :-)

KT
Old 02-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTroller View Post
Thanks Steve, knew about the workaround, was just hoping the More button and selectors would do something exceptional like initiate time travel or send a pizza delivery to your present location :-)

KT
LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,, I LIKE your exceptional way of thinking, both the time travel AND the pizza delivery to present location!! What "MORE" could ya ask for eh?? LOL

I'm guessing that there will be a fix for the "bug" coming out sometime soon though!! Now I'm gonna hafta go out and connect mine up (HDS 10) and see if it does the same thing!