Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Where did you mount your control King? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-20-2014, 10:10 AM
Keeper

Default Where did you mount your control King?

I am finishing up the installation of my Control King. The literature included with it says to keep the cable away from any electronics. My sonar cables run up the starboard side inside some conduit. Will the Control King interfere with my HDS 8 if I run the cable through the same conduit?

I can run it up the port side and mount it above the glovebox if necessary but I would prefer it by the helm.

I guess the only other question is, will it being hooked up to the same battery as the sonar cause interference?

Sorry for all the questions....

Thanks,
Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 10:20 AM
Wallhanger

I have a Troll Master and I ran my cable on the starboard side along with the other cables (not a Control King but similar) and I've never had an issue. I'd think that if you went directly to the battery for power, you'd avoid interference.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

I doubt that by hooking any piece of gear directly to a battery, or simply connected to a fuse panel, makes very little - if any - difference in the amount of interference between units.

I have seen this advice frequently given, but I have never found a single instance where connecting directly has made any difference in component operation.

Be safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 11:41 AM
Keeper

I have mine hooked up to the same battery as all of my other electronics. I have never had an issue. I also mounted it at the helm and the wires are ran with everything else.