Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Minnitaki report 11th Sept. - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 09-12-2012, 06:18 AM
Wallhanger

Default Minnitaki report 11th Sept.

After getting some local knowledge and sifting through past reports on here my buddy and me headed to Minnitaki for the first time. Its been on my list for a while but never seemed to get round to it.

Advice from a local member on here was 30' deep. Turned out to be 40' deep. Mid water reef/hump was the best spot. We had a few other spots recommended but there were always a few boats on those spots.

We did get the odd fish elsewhere but very few. Wind had been strong from SW the past few days and we tried the windward side of points and islands....with limited success.

Got a few smallies and pike when trying for the walleye shallow...but no walleye.

Wind was light to non existent all day except for 1/2 an hour in the morning. Slip bobber in 40' feet worked well in the mirror flat conditions out on the reef.

Jigs and minnows, bottom bouncers with minnow/crawler all worked.

We did try unsuccessfully for some lakers too, but as luck would have it seems I damaged my transducer when i pulled the boat off my trailer to fix the bunks.....DOH! We did have the trolling motor transducer but it was not getting a good signal either....kinda fishing blind yesterday.

Went through the creek from Butterfly Lake into Lyons Bay....water levels are pretty low everywhere out there...but the creek is still passable with motor trimmed...no way you are gonna get through at speed...we chewed up the bottom with the prop a few times....thank goodness its a soft mud bottom.

All in all a decent enough day....good numbers of fish...just pretty small. 40' seemed the number out there yesterday...although we did get some even deeper. Reel up slow !

VIDEO LINK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ82n_Bp-Bg

I wanna try that lake icefishing!

Tight lines all!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2915.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	514.7 KB
ID:	18074   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2916.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	487.3 KB
ID:	18075   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2917.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	503.6 KB
ID:	18076  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Wallhanger

Default The bends

Quote:
although we did get some even deeper. Reel up slow
Did you have any problems with them reviving OK ??
Old 09-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Keeper

Was down the Pickerel Arm at the narrows past Donnelly's (where we stayed) and Pickerel Arm camps a couple of weeks ago - couldnt find any schools to take minnows in the whole arm, but when we trolled, we were getting lots of over slots, 22-26 inchers. Sonar located a lot of fish at 25-35 feet, but ALL the trolling action was around 20-25 feet.
Two years in a row now, when we found a school that wouldn't bite, we lifted up 10-15 feet and got the feeders.
Found almost the same conditions in the whole Pickerel Arm, no schools that would bite but good trolling. Managed to get some keeper pike this year also, where last year.... not a one.
Out on the reef in the main lake, others were catching ok numbers of below slots
Sponsored Links
Advertisement