Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Opti and Water seperators? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 04-21-2017, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorsron View Post
Hello: I have a 2004 Merc. 90 hp. I added a remote filter years ago and have zero problems with fuel starvation. Good Luck. O - R
A regular 90 is a whole different animal than an Optimax though. Yours probably doesn't have it's own built in water separator like the Optis. My 2004 carbed Merc didn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2017, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

When I first puchased my 617 with the 150 Opti, I was not aware that the original dealer / owner put in an extra filter ( mercury ) until I had it serviced at the end of my first year and my mechanic asked if I wanted to replace both filters ..... he indicated that it appeared to never had been replaced.

So I replace 2 filter each year, and have never had a problem.

Just my experience.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:41 PM
Wallhanger

Hello Custom Eyes : You are correct sir. Good Luck. O - R
Old 04-22-2017, 08:31 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 311Hemi View Post
I looked, but I don't have easy access to the fuel tank. I may need to see if I can somehow unscrew the carpeted floor in my 2007 Crestliner Mirage to access the tank. I know this would be the preferred way to set this up.
I'm no expert on Crestliner but isn't there a panel in the floor? It's not a terrible idea to have a look in there from time to time anyway if for no other reason than to inspect your connections, wiring etc. Not all boat tanks have a second fuel pick up but if yours does it is usually pretty easy to fish the second fuel hose down to it. Hope it works out for you.