Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Soft plastic storage help - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 07-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Keeper

Default Soft plastic storage help

In the past I always put my soft baits in Plano boxes to save storage space and to organize them by type and color. I then of course pitched the bags.

Does anyone know where to get blank bulk storage bags for soft plastics? I have tried ziploc bags and they leak, looking to get something similar to the bags they come in.

The reason I want this is I would like to be able to just throw a few bags in the boat in the colors I need in instead of bringing two boxes of crap ninety percent of which I won't use. Will still use the boxes at home for bulk storage, just want to be better organized in the boat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Keeper

Do a search for worm proof bags. LOTS of affordable options out there. If nothing else, you should be able to buy replacement bags for worm folders at any of the box outdoors stores = Cabelas etc.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2XL View Post
Do a search for worm proof bags. LOTS of affordable options out there. If nothing else, you should be able to buy replacement bags for worm folders at any of the box outdoors stores = Cabelas etc.
I will check them out. I will be careful on the worm folder replacement bags though, the ones I had in the past were a cheaper copy of a ziploc bag and leaked scent/oil all over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Charter Member

Cgolf,
If you want to bring along a few colors, just take another empty plano box and put a few of each of those colors in the plano box for the day.

When done fishing, put the plastic back in the original boxes if you aren't going to use them again.

It would seem that you only have to bring along a single Plano box to do what you want to do.

Be safe

p.s.

That is what I do - i.e. a spare plano box for the tails for the day.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:00 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by REW View Post
Cgolf,
If you want to bring along a few colors, just take another empty plano box and put a few of each of those colors in the plano box for the day.

When done fishing, put the plastic back in the original boxes if you aren't going to use them again.

It would seem that you only have to bring along a single Plano box to do what you want to do.

Be safe

p.s.

That is what I do - i.e. a spare plano box for the tails for the day.
Usually do that I carry a deep 3600 and thin 3700 with pre rigged baits and some spares. What I saw is a guy on you tube that carries bagged plastics in a plano 7080 box or a deep single compartment 3700 box in the boat. To me it looked like he could get more baits in a smaller footprint.

I am an organization freak when it comes to tackle, so for me to find a way to save room in the boat would be awesome. I have a 16 foot narrow beamed boat with a custom casting deck so space is at a premium when you have six rods on deck and tackle to boot. Found a couple of places to get bags so I may try it out, most likely though will stick with what I am doing, see what happens.

Cgolf

Last edited by cgolf; 07-07-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Wallhanger

I use Cabela's T.U.B Tackle Utility Binders. They aren't perfect but they are a good way to store plastics in an orderly fashion and see what you have when trying to decide what to try. They are also convenient to keep in boat compartments for easy use.