Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
wife overboard - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Minnow

Default wife overboard

Got my new impact 1675, 90hp. last thursday took it out to break it in sat. wife had to use the portajohn at boat dock so i pull up to dock and instead of grabbing dock and stepping out of boat she decided to jump, boat pushed backwards from her force of jumping she fell between boat and dock after i seen she was allright(other than a bruise on her hand and a little embarassed) it was a little amussing' she won't be trying that again'All in all it was a good day out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonafish View Post
Got my new impact 1675, 90hp. last thursday took it out to break it in sat. wife had to use the portajohn at boat dock so i pull up to dock and instead of grabbing dock and stepping out of boat she decided to jump, boat pushed backwards from her force of jumping she fell between boat and dock after i seen she was allright(other than a bruise on her hand and a little embarassed) it was a little amussing' she won't be trying that again'All in all it was a good day out
Ha ha ha, I suppose she blamed you for that?
Old 07-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Charter Member

Default for your sake

I hope you didn't laugh right away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Keeper

I read the title of your post and my immediate thought was..."did you push her?"
Old 07-25-2011, 11:57 PM
Wallhanger

Early this year my buds and I were out slipping some night time eyes. Came into the dock about 1am, a little windy, coming in hot...my thought as I leaped..."I can make that". I missed by a mile! Full rain gear on, chest deep...it was cold!! No one said a word until I reached the top of the ramp and water was pouring out of my pockets....we all busted out laughing. They say the only words out of my mouth as I was mid air..."I'm F#####!!!"

I blame it on the poor boat control and wind...they say it was that last tangueray tonic!! Good times!

BIRDDOG

Last edited by went522; 07-25-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by went522 View Post
Early this year my buds and I were out slipping some night time eyes. Came into the dock about 1am, a little windy, coming in hot...my thought as I leaped..."I can make that". I missed by a mile! Full rain gear on, chest deep...it was cold!! No one said a word until I reached the top of the ramp and water was pouring out of my pockets....we all busted out laughing. They say the only words out of my mouth as I was mid air..."I'm F#####!!!"

I blame it on the poor boat control and wind...they say it was that last tangueray tonic!! Good times!

BIRDDOG
I'm laughing out loud just picturing this event. That's good stuff.

Quote from Rob Olson
Delta Waterfowl President
Old 07-26-2011, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by went522 View Post

BIRDDOG
Too funny!

I've been there, done that too, but I didn't have any alcohol to blame it on...just poor coordination that day.

Juls
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 07-26-2011, 07:16 AM
Wallhanger

Default been there

my wife did that at lake powell a couple of years ago holding an ice cream cone the whole time!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Wallhanger

A few year ago we stopped for lunch. During our meal the waves really kicked up. I got into the boat, while my buddy, on the dock, untied. I told him to climb in. In stead of climb in, he decided to jump in. Only problem, he missed timed it. A large wave came and pushed the boat very high. He jumped, but the wave moved on and the boat dropped a bunch. He landed wrong, and nearly broke his ankle.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Wallhanger

Default Been there

this spring me and the brother were coming into the dock a lot hot with the wind and waves pushing us!! his first High Five prop!!! NO REVERSE!!!! but im in the bow and see that we are **** near going to run the dock right over!!! so i jump at the same time a big wave raises the bow of the boat and over shot the dock. right in the Lake!!. im not sure who was laughing more. my brother or the 20 guys on that ramp watching!! SOBs

Kid