Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cabelas boat center - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Slot Fish

Default Cabelas boat center

For those of you that have purchased a boat or used the service center at a Cabelas store, how was their service? From doing a bit of research it looks like they are pretty competitive in the their pricing of Alumacraft boats. How negotiable are they on their advertised price?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Keeper

I bought my Boat from Cabelas in Dundee MI. They gave me the best price from any other boat Dealer by far.
As far as their service department goes I'd rather have a Colonoscopy than deal with the service manager there.
2014 Humminbird 859 ciHD DI
2014 Terrova 55 Link
Old 04-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Slot Fish

I purchased my ranger thru Cabelas in Dundee, and nobody could beat their price at the time. Ive used the service department several times and haven't any trouble.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2015, 06:56 PM
Wallhanger

I bought my boat from cabelas in Hoffman estates IL. Price was unbeatable. Based on the job they did rigging my boat I will never bring my boat there for service.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Minnow

Cabelas LaVista was great.I was super happy with Aaron and all his help. I bought a Competitor 175 tiller. Picked it up last Friday...Woot woot!
Old 04-22-2015, 05:00 AM
Wallhanger

Smile

My experience with Cabela's has always been good for years. I know I have not used their boat sales or service, but I would guess if you are not satisfied, a talk with the manager might do a lot to resolve the problem.
Have a great day.
JIM
Old 04-22-2015, 05:27 AM
Keeper

It is very hard to find a better price on a boat from anyone else. I bought two boats from them. Their service department on the other hand wasn't a good experience. I had one motor that leaked oil. I took it back twice with the "nothing wrong with motor" statement. They stated they had spilled oil when filling it and that was what I was seeing on the water. The second time they told me this I explained to them that I had made **** sure that there was no oil anywhere it did not belong prior to putting the boat in the water. And that they would not like the response should I get it on the water and find an oil slick following me. So I made the 35 mile trip (each way) to pick up the boat. Sales guy in the meantime went and hooked the water ears up to it and ran it. Sure enough, he started seeing oil with in a few minutes. They called just as I was pulling up. That was strike one.

Strike two was shortly after the oil problem when I had an issue with the motor just dyeing on me. They claimed that the jet was getting clogged by the ethanol in the gas (10 hours on it at this time) . I asked them for that in writing as the fuel I bought was 91 octane no ethanol gas. Got a deer in the headlights look from the tech this time.

I didn't take it back after that. Took it to Southside marine in Waseca, MN. The motor ran better than it ever had and I fished in that boat for several years with no issues.

I didn't learn my lesson though. I did give Cabelas one more chance when I bought a slightly larger Lowe boat. Most miserable boat buying and owning experience ever. Less than a year later I traded it in at Southside Marine on my G3 and couldn't be happier.
2014 G3 V167T Angler
Yamaha F40LA
MinnKota V2 PD45
Humminbird 581i HD DI Combo
The Esox Lucius

U.S. Army 95B30-Z6 1979-1990
Old 04-22-2015, 05:31 AM
Keeper

I bought mine over the phone from Dundee Cabelas in May 2014. It was the best price by about 3-4K, compared to my local dealers, and it was rigged better. We haggled a bit on the price, I think I ended up with another 5% off, some minor accessories, and a free hotel stay right across the road since it was 11 hrs one way from home.

When I got there, the boat was everything as advertised, setup and ready to roll. I was in and out within 90 minutes, which included them showing me everything about the boat.

The best part is since I used my Club Visa, I got 5% back in points. They raised my credit limit just so I could put the whole boat on the card rather than use a check. Very accommodating..
Old 04-22-2015, 07:39 AM
Keeper

Default Cabelas

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=317138
Old 04-22-2015, 07:51 AM
Wallhanger

I've used the service center at the Cabelas Sidney store 3 times and each one has been outstanding. On one occasion the service manager emailed me the parts schematic while we were on the phone so we could make sure she was ordering the correct part. Their labor rates have been very fair and service was always done professionally. Big thumbs up to them!